Removing nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

abbyfireguy

Removing nocks

Post by abbyfireguy »

Hi All,

Got a few packs of Luminocks to install. I have a dozen Excalibur Carbon bolts and a dozen GT II's that Big John built for me. Hopefully the nocks come out for me.
Anyone have any luck getting Big John's nocks out?? Should have put these in before John glued the nocks in!!
Excalibur Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Boo custom string with cat whiskers
Boo trigger job
Big John magic bolts(Orange tigers)
IAFF Local #18 Vancouver(now retired)
wheelie

Re: Removing nocks

Post by wheelie »

Screw in a field point and heatup the field point with a lighter and pull it out by the heated field point with a pair of pliers. Watch you don't burn the wrap with to much heat. Do it slowly.
diesel

Post by diesel »

I had the best luck the other day I removed the insert buy putting a field point in and heating it like was stated before but the nocks were plastic so I took the carbon shaft and put in the oven @ 300 for about 30 min. or so . Than took a 1/4" steel rod about 28" long and ran it down inside the shaft and and used it like a hammer to drive the nock out .
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Just curious...are you putting Lumenoks in all of 24 your arrows? That's not cheap! I only put them in my arrows that I use for hunting.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
abbyfireguy

Post by abbyfireguy »

I got a dozen Luminocks to install. Depends what Big John used for glue if I can get the inserts out of his custom arrows.
Excalibur Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Boo trigger job
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

abbyfireguy wrote:I got a dozen Luminocks to install. Depends what Big John used for glue if I can get the inserts out of his custom arrows.
How is all in Abbotsford,B.C. Mother-in-law lives their. Nabours hate me cause there is a flyaway for crows above the mountain that all them houses are built on and I always take my crow call with me and blow there frigging minds. LOL Seems no one hunts them their. LOL
abbyfireguy

Post by abbyfireguy »

I live on the low land,too expensive to live with the upper crust on the mountains. Besides,the roads up there suck when we get any snow and black ice(the 3 days a years)!!!
Excalibur Exocet 200
Lumizone
S5
Boo trigger job