Theft!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Theft!

Post by vixenmaster »

Well it happened, neighbor was having some loggin done & one of them loggers stole my RiversEdge XL17 Ladderstand. Cut the cable took it & all 3 ratchet straps. So goodbye $250! I went n talked to the man about it & he says that he is on the 4th set of loggers cause they all are robbing him blind on log sales. I knowed that none of those sweet ppl. will own up to the theft. Think i will pickup some paint to show No Trespassing & paint the trees on county rd. every 50' so its legal. If'en i ever catch someone on the place i will tell them to leave as they be already breakin the law. Yup i am abit upset over this, i jus can't go out & buy a new stand. I have to save up all yr to buy one. Now we knowed that 3/8" steel cable won't stop them nor the lock. Reckon i will have to tote my climber every time i want to hunt the road crossing stand. Thats alot of hassle to do that all the time
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Re: Theft!

Post by maine hunter »

:oops: :oops: it's sad that people would do that!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm really sorry to hear that man.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Man that sucks. Had stuff stolen and its the closest thing for a man to rape. Sorry to hear about it.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I hope the man that got it falls out of it and breaks his wewe and he lives to be a old old man that cant even pee out of it ...yeah get ya some now :lol:
Sorry but a theif makes me that way
strum

Post by strum »

Mike im sorry that happened. it just plain sucks...
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

That really sucks! Same problem around here, can't leave anything out without it dissapearing! Locks are for honest people,,, not for a theif... they always seem to find a way :evil:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
roly

Post by roly »

Damn that really makes me mad.

can't stand thieves :evil: :evil:
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

Lowlife people that would do that. :cry: :cry:
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)

Post by newbie »

That really is a tough thing to deal with for sure. I had one stolen by a member of a group my uncle let hunt on his land. The worst part the member of the group that had permission was a life long friend of our family, needless to say I am now the only one that hunts it.

Too bad you weren't closer as we have a few we could have offered to you for the season.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a real bummer! I've been lucky so far to never have anything go missing but I worry about it all the time. If it ain't yours leave it the f**k alone!! Seems pretty simple to me. :evil:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
rayman

Post by rayman »

Vixenmaster, please recommend to your neighbor that he get a good consulting forester to handle this timber sales. He should be able to find one through the Arkansas Forestry Commission. That's what I do, make my living in the woods, eh. I handle a lot of timber sales for private landowners and I can assure you that no logger would survive the business after I found out that they had stollen a deer stand off a harvesting site. And it would be replaced even if I had to do so myself. I don't handle timber sales in Arkansas unfortunately, although I did do a timber appraisal in Arkadelphia a couple of years ago. Steep country around there where I worked, and I'm used to flat ground. Lots of deer too.

Sorry about your incident with the loggers. It's making my face hot thinking about it.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Sorry Mike I guess i kinda got carried away, Theres nothing i hate worse than a thief. :x But if theres anything i can do to help , just let me know , :wink:
I am sorry for my former reply, it was out of line,!!!!! That is why i deleted it :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dave :wink:
Last edited by papa bear1 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Damn, sorry to read this, buddy!!
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Thx everyone, my stand wasn't even on the land being logged. So they had to have went lookin about to see what they could see, very odd indeed!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315