Theft!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Re: Theft!

Post by Farmer »

i hate low lifes like that . Can't stop them all but I make them work for them . Look at welding on a couple tabs were you the stand touches the tree and add some lag bolts . The little ________'s bring bolt cutters here but not a 9/16 's socket and ratchet .
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I hate reading these posts because it reminds me of the dolly I had disappear last season on private property. I truly hated that dolly, but having it stolen still pissed me off just for the principle.

I do have two stands in the same area where the dolly was that have always been untouched. I guess it is just too much of a pain to steal a 100+ pound two person stand. I'll be putting up a new hang on stand Sunday that I will be locking with a cable. A thief could still steal it, but he I think it is a bit more difficult for them to steal a hang on 20+ feet off the ground than a climber or ladder.

Sorry for your loss. I know that pain really burns.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hate to hear it, but I've got an idea -
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=44213
wabi
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I agree with farmer on the lag bolts.
I use metric in an odd size where it's not close to an imperial unit.
I also use a Python security cable. Takes a lot of work to chew through that one.

Well it may not have been the logging crew..................just something to think about.
Loggers make trails and someone may have gone looking for logging equipment to steal and came upon your stand.

I can also understand the owners frustration with logger cheating him. First rule is don't deal with a logger who comes to you telling you he will do you a favour. The owner should look for a reputable forester or at the very least a tech.

I'm a tech with a scaler's licence but of no benefit to you or your landowner.

Where I hunt I have exclusive permission but that does not stop the morons who poach or trespass there. I only leave a stand in the very late season where few venture out because of the cold or depth of snow.

I hope fortune smiles on you and you are compensated for your loss in what money can't buy! :wink:
Take care
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Dash

Post by Dash »

Nothing pisses you off more than a low life's like that. Wouldn't you love to be in your stand when they come a looking :x Sounds like they cased the stand out first if they were carrying the cable cutters to get it. The bolt idea is a good one. Any extra thing that makes it more work for a thief to take quickly will help. That's why they're thieves, they don't want to work hard to get stuff !
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Damn Mike! That is the shits. I know how you feel as it has happened to me several times You fell like you have been raped!

Hope you can catch the S.O.B.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!