re THEFT - let's help out again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

re THEFT - let's help out again

Post by wabi »

Read the thread -
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=44207

I say lets all chip in a few bucks and get vixenmaster back up in the trees. :lol:

We've helped others through tough times in the past, and I know the good folks on the forum would come through again.

I'd be willing to collect funds through PayPal, and would even be up to donating a deer call for a drawing of members that contribute!

What does everyone think?
Can we get him back up in the trees??????????

-----UPDATE -----

I know I'm going to miss responding to one or more offers to help if I'm not super alert in reading this thread or watching my PMs. If you offer to help out and don't hear from me within 24 hours please email me at - [email protected] !!!!!!!!!!

For those that wish to send check, cash, or money order please remember checks & money orders MUST be payable through a US bank (with a 9 digit routing number on the check) and in US dollars (my bank's rules for me to be able to cash it :roll: ).

To simplify things I'll put my mailing address here in USPS format so you can just copy & paste it onto an envelope -

MIKE COOPER
106 N WILSON DR
WEST UNION OH 45693

I'm NOT going to post my PayPal address here but if you will email me at - [email protected] - I will send it to you.

It also looks like we will have more than the call I offered as a drawing prize at the end of the fundraiser!
I've been offered a custom string and a new varizone scope so far! :D

I will try to coordinate the offers so the folks making a donation of prizes can simply mail the goods directly to the winner at the end of the fundraiser (to save both time and postage).

Not sure when the deer season opens for vixenmaster, but I'm going to set (Saturday) September 15, 2012 as a deadline for donations to be in my PayPal account or mailbox.

I will hold a drawing for prizes on Sunday the 16th and post the winners here after I contact them and get permission to post their name.

EDIT 2 -

Big John has volunteered to accept donations in Canadian funds and send them on top me through PayPal for those north of the border that can't send US dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please contact Big John if you need to send a donation in Canadian dollars.

EDIT 3
Just found out vixenmaster's deer season will open Sept 15, so I'll forward all donations received (by that time) to him on Sept 1 (two weeks from today). Hopefully we'll have enough by then to get him a new stand.
I'll leave the date of Sept 15 as a final date for donations to be received and hold the drawing for prizes (and forward any additional funds to him) on the 16th as stated above (unless there are checks to deposit and transfer to PayPal - that takes about a week to finish).

If we collect more than required for a stand maybe he will buy a good locking system for the new stand, and put out a camera to take pics of any would-be thieves. :lol:

PRIZE LIST (all that donate will be entered in a drawing - one prize per person limit)
- Custom Deer Call (by Wabi)
- Astro flight flemish string/ Angel .036 serving (by Dash)
- Groundpounder Quiver Mount (by vixenmaster)
- string jig* - (by munch) *if we get 25 donors
- custom knife - DaGriz

I am keeping a (MS Works) database of all donors (real name and forum "handle" if I have it) and the amount donated for my records. (I will keep this information personal and private unless a donor requests an "audit".)
Last edited by wabi on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wabi
onebigskittle

Re: re THEFT - let's help out again

Post by onebigskittle »

I am with ya Wabi pm me your info for paypal
Thanks
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm away on vacation and not back till next thursday. I also don't have paypal but I can mail a few bucks off when I get back.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bugs

Post by bugs »

Of course we can :D Every couple dollars adds up. Let me know where to send funds and I will do so by Tuesday through paypal
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

j.krug wrote:I'm away on vacation and not back till next thursday. I also don't have paypal but I can mail a few bucks off when I get back.
Some here but I'll be back friday.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a few members are ready & willing to help out!

Please email me at [email protected] if you want to contribute.
If you can't email PM me, but I prefer email because the PM inbox has a limit on messages. :roll:
I will send you my PayPal address and my "snail mail" address in a reply.

Please mark all donations vixenmaster to help me keep track of the funds!!!!!!!!!

I believe PayPal "gifts" have no fees deducted if they come from a PayPal account. I believe I can invoice those who might want to use a credit card, but it may have a fee deducted by PayPal?
For checks/money orders - My bank is a small "hometown" bank and requires checks be in US dollars and drawn on a US bank - I do know it must have a 9 digit "routing number" for them to accept it.

I suppose we need to set a deadline for contributions to be submitted, but I'll figure that out later.

As I said I WILL make a deer call and have a drawing at the end of the fundraiser to select a winner to receive it!
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Count me in on the donation and out on the drawing. My call is on its way. Could you send your paypal account to me please. Aging
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Oh boy, a chance to give some back, I'm in!!
"Eze 18:21"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Just got an email from another forum member who is willing to donate a string for the drawing.
I think it would be good to draw names for each "prize" donated so we can have multiple "winners".

Keep the "prizes" & donations coming in, and I'm sure we can get vixenmaster his new stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

e-mail on the way
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Dash

Donation

Post by Dash »

I'm donating an "Astro flight flemish string/ Angel .036 serving"to Wabi's prize draw (Your choice of whiskers or not). Well done for organizing all this Wabi.
Camo String.jpg
Last edited by Dash on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I'll shoot you an email here in a little bit wabi. :wink: I've had a couple of stands stolen in the past and know how bad it sucks. :x
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Never used paypal at all but if someone will post an address I sure send some green to help out a fellow hunter; send it by pm or post it here;

Mike we all care and trust me, money is tight for everyone;
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D count me in, he fixed my string, and sent me an other one to. didnt cost me one dime.just post an adress,and ill send money out.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Yea count me in need a address to mail in a little cash '
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only