update: Maine Hunter verses Cookies

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: update: Maine Hunter verses Cookies

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: i have to say no, she's a good shot. had a blast shooting tonight. that vixen is a sweet little bow. we were hitting small apples at 30 yards!!!! but she didnt show my good shot's either. (next time)..... its all me!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Gena is there any way to challenge your crossbow course . Paper is great but you need to put that accuracy to use on a critter . :D
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Doe Master wrote:Gena is there any way to challenge your crossbow course . Paper is great but you need to put that accuracy to use on a critter . :D
We had several targets we were shooting at 30 yards, soda bottle, quart size milk jug, several bag targets and yes a 3D deer target. Closes to the heart wins..I should have taken a picture of them all. I shot the heart unlike the other two 1st time trying...I will give him credit he did shoot really good too but I was the 1st to shoot the apple off the top of the target. I heard a lot of crap about how my bow is new and they have been shooting longer (since I had to stop to cook them dinner) and they are tired. :lol: :lol: I explained they have had theirs for months worth of practice and me not even a week. Time will tell. The battle will continue...
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Here is what our target set up looks like. Limited to where we can place the targets due to being a working sand pit behind us..Image
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Sorry to here about the dry fire! By the looks of the targets you win!! :) :)
Kathy shot very well when she started shooting!Within her first 10 shots she had a robin hood!Me 10 years and no luck :(
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

You are soooooo lucky to have a wife that will take up archery. I'm a little jealous. Now you two keep it going, OK. :D
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: it's great to have a shooting buddy, i knew when she tried it, she would love it like i do, just wish she wasn't so darn good.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.