S. Ontario Bear Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

S. Ontario Bear Hunt

Post by Galgo »

Hi all I have been wanting to do a bear hunt within an hour of Toronto. Thing is I don't want to go to an outfitter and I don't have land access that is suitable. Honestly i probably can't make the time to keep up a bait site as required. So as lazy as I am sounding I'm really not :D. between the four kids and a few businesses in and out of town, its all I can do to keep up my deer bow season prep work and my deer gun season prep work.

So I'm asking if anyone near me wants a hunting partner or has a set up they can't or don't want to hunt or have room for another hunter I would like to be considered. I would love the option to use my excalibur or a rifle depending of course on any restrictions that exist.

I can probably drum up some references from some respected forum members if I have time to bribe them :shock: I'd also be willing to pitch in some $$ for the bait etc...

Anyway if anyone thinks this could work drop me a note or PM or let me know. Happy hunting all.

Frank
agingcrossbower

Re: S. Ontario Bear Hunt

Post by agingcrossbower »

I for one can speak up for Frank. Did a little business with him and he is Top Notch. Make a great hunting partner.

PS; You still have my address so you can send me the money for vouching for you right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Bahahaha checks in the mail.... :lol:
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Galgo wrote:Hi all I have been wanting to do a bear hunt within an hour of Toronto. Thing is I don't want to go to an outfitter and I don't have land access that is suitable. Honestly i probably can't make the time to keep up a bait site as required. So as lazy as I am sounding I'm really not :D. between the four kids and a few businesses in and out of town, its all I can do to keep up my deer bow season prep work and my deer gun season prep work.

So I'm asking if anyone near me wants a hunting partner or has a set up they can't or don't want to hunt or have room for another hunter I would like to be considered. I would love the option to use my excalibur or a rifle depending of course on any restrictions that exist.

I need to ask where have you been hunting LOL 1 hour of Toronto mabey with a jet lol have a look in the Peterborough area or down Trenton way forget the Nigera aria all private maybe Ageing knows somebody LOL........check the local papers of what I mentioned also there OFAH mag you have options

Joe

I can probably drum up some references from some respected forum members if I have time to bribe them :shock: I'd also be willing to pitch in some $$ for the bait etc...

Anyway if anyone thinks this could work drop me a note or PM or let me know. Happy hunting all.

Frank
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thanks Joe. although I am a pilot I am referring to driving time. There's plenty o bears to hunt in the range that i am looking at namely Cobourg to Midland to Kitchener. (Ok maybe an hour and fifteen!) Trenton is good i deer hunt there but would ideally like something closer...you know what they say about beggars :D Anyway thanks for your input.

F
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Hi Galgo. There's a couple of ads on Kijiji for bear hunts. One is in Fenelon Falls and it's $850 (most likely for 7 days). Call Viktor at 905-718-3202. The ad I.D. number is 400069847 The hunts are from Sept. 1 to Oct.1

Another one in Madoc offering 3 days at $75 to $100 per day. Ad I.D. is 394812730.

Kijiji is free to use and advertise. Check it yourself.

Happy hunting to you. Regards, Erik.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Never thought of kijiji thanks Erik