DISSIPATOR BARS VS S5 SYSTEM

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

derf

DISSIPATOR BARS VS S5 SYSTEM

Post by derf »

HAVE A 2011 EQUINOX WITH BOTH S5 AND DISSIPATOR BARS. I READ SOME WHERE THAT I CAN GET RID OF THE DISSIPATOR BARS AS LONG AS I HAVE THE S5 SYSTEM. AS THEY BOTH DO THE SAME THING AS QUITEING AND STOPPING BLOWING YOUR LIMBS. MAYBE CAN SHED A LITTLE EXTRA WIEGHT. I THIS CORRECT OR WHAT IS THE FORUM MEMBERS VIEWS ON THIS. THANKS DERF
vixenmaster

Re: DISSIPATOR BARS VS S5 SYSTEM

Post by vixenmaster »

I think S-5 is a better system than Dbars. Reckon you can shed a few oz.'s by shuckin them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mjm

Post by mjm »

I have a 08 Phoenix that I recently installed the S5 system on and will definitely remove the dissipator bars,if this is true.
rej

Post by rej »

Anybody know if you need different lenght machine screws etc. if you remove the dissapator bars?
Normous

Post by Normous »

Excalibur can forward the needed hardware when removing the front DB bars.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Would not think that removing the DB's would make that much noticeable weight reduction.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
rej

Post by rej »

UPSMAN wrote:Would not think that removing the DB's would make that much noticeable weight reduction.

Agree completely. I asked about h'dware out of curiousity. I added the S5 to my Vortex and it got rid of the buzz(vibration). Sound I hear seems to have deepened, Have no intention of removing DB as I did not notice any increase in front weight after adding S5.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

rej wrote:
UPSMAN wrote:Would not think that removing the DB's would make that much noticeable weight reduction.

Agree completely. I asked about h'dware out of curiousity. I added the S5 to my Vortex and it got rid of the buzz(vibration). Sound I hear seems to have deepened, Have no intention of removing DB as I did not notice any increase in front weight after adding S5.
They are a little heavier than you might think.Danny Miller says hold a pair in your hand and walk around for a while! If you have the S5's you really dont need them.But this is a make your own call kinda deal.I took mine off and havent missed 'em.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ok you have 4 rubber pads n screws that hold them, then 2 steel bars. 4 to 6 oz. off the front end is a good drop in weight!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Moedaddy

Post by Moedaddy »

vixenmaster wrote:Ok you have 4 rubber pads n screws that hold them, then 2 steel bars. 4 to 6 oz. off the front end is a good drop in weight!
X2
joe171

Post by joe171 »

If loosing some weight from your NOX bow is a concern to you Fred( Derf ) maybe you should consider a less powerful bow These bows are not heavy you are talking ounce loss of weight
these bows only weight 6.4 pounds or did I misunderstand what you are asking

Joe171
derf

Post by derf »

No you did not miss what i was saying Joel.If your standing or sitting and there is a deer 25yrds away and he is looking straight at you and you have the bow shouldered. He stands and stands. Any little wait that i can shed could mean shooting that animal when it desides to turn. we are talking seconds when they deside to turn. which very well could mean holding that bow an extra second or two. Any extra shed would definetly mean a bonus. I didn't mean that excalibur was heavy by any means they are one of the lightest on the market. Just looking for any way of shedding wieght without blowing my limbs on a accidental dry fire or taking off quiver or other acsessories. regards derf
Normous

Post by Normous »

joe171 wrote:If loosing some weight from your NOX bow is a concern to you Fred( Derf ) maybe you should consider a less powerful bow These bows are not heavy you are talking ounce loss of weight
these bows only weight 6.4 pounds or did I misunderstand what you are asking

Joe171
Some people including me like to carry lighter equipment into the field for a day of hunting. I have removed many ounces from my Equininox and Vortex to achieve a noticable weight loss.. Thats just my preference. Even at a athletic 6'4" and #225 I still prefer to carry light weight overall.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I plan on removing my bars when i can find the proper parts to replace my limbs after bars are removed! Does anyone no what the replacement parts are!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Normous

Post by Normous »

mr meat wrote:I plan on removing my bars when i can find the proper parts to replace my limbs after bars are removed! Does anyone no what the replacement parts are!
See post #5 above.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings