A few questions...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

-StinkBait-

A few questions...

Post by -StinkBait- »

Hey everybody. Havnt been on in a while. Well, I got my Axiom out today for the first time since spring turkey. I got her waxed, lubed up and took aim at 20 yrds. Slaped one right in the middle of the bullseye, and I mean RIGHT in the middle. Well just to make sure it wasnt a fluke, I took aim at the same spot and leter rip. Long story short, I'm out another Firebolt. :shock: This little dumplin just keeps on wowing me over and over! I just wanted to share this with anyone in the market for an Axiom. You just cannot go wrong with these things. Ive dropped it out of a tree stand while pulling it up. ( lift rope broke)
I've knocked it over countless times, and on concrete a few times. The bow still has the same point of impact as the day I zeroed it in. Well on with my questions. I'm in the middle of putting accessories on my bow. Ive got the s5's, the cheek piece and the scope cover. I guess what I'm asking is, what can I do to take it further? What have yall done to cutomize your bows? I just want this thing to be as fancy as I can make it. ( or maybe i just have too much time on my hands :lol: ) Is the tac-pac worth investing in? I think a grip out by the quiver would help out alot in a tree stand. Have you guys and gals had success with them? Also what can I do to get a little more speed out of it? Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to mess with success. I'm at the point where I'm ready to start fooling around with new strings, arrows and broadheads. Any thoughts or ideas would be very much appriciated!
maine hunter

Re: A few questions...

Post by maine hunter »

:D i have the same, and all the same accessories. i was going to get the grip on mine. order a boo string, gets you 10-15 fps faster.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Cossack

Re: A few questions...

Post by Cossack »

Put my girls (Vortex and Phoenix) through some 'improvements' but when the dust settled only a few made much difference. String stopper: I made may own but the S5 seems like a good option. Arrows: GT Lazar II with 110gr brass insert, 2" Blazers, Fusion or Hunter set at right helical. Broadheads: Fixed, SlicK Trick, std or mag. Mechanical, Spitfire or Spitfire Pro. A ceekpiece to aid in eye-scope alignment. And Flemish string, I make my own as well, but either Boo's or the factory Flemish will get you 10-15 fps faster without loss of accuracy or increased noise.
Welcome and continued good shooting
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!