Carbon Express Maxima Hunter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Carbon Express Maxima Hunter

Post by Normous »

I just got my bulk order of weight forward Carbon Express Maxima Hunters from Wyvern Creations. Three of us split a bulk order of 48 arrows. All 48 are from the same lot and the maximum spread between the 48 is only 1.4 grains. High is 284.6 and low is 283.2 grains. This is the total weight with shaft, three 2" Blazers and flat plastic rear nocks, about 12 grains.

The GTII's that I have been using all these years gave me some flyers in the 2 dozen raw shafts that I purchased last. Some even weighed 10 grains out of range on some of the raw shafts.

I'm very much looking forward to the new carbon technologies in the Maxima Hunter shaft series this fall.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Hester0305

Re: Carbon Express Maxima Hunter

Post by Hester0305 »

Let us know how they shoot. They're compound bow arrows shoot great in the Maxima line.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Enormous..I bought some recently and they came with both flat and moon nocks. When I put the flats in they were of a slightly larger diameter than the moons. Are your flat nocks exactly the same as the arrow shafts? They were supposed to send me some new flats but I have not seen anything in the mail yet.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

i shot these two years running for 3D and could not have asked for a better arrow. my only recommendation is to get the plain ones rather than the ones with camo down the shaft. the camo ones seem to fuse into targets a little more. for any interested parties i can tell you that these are the same as the parker's red hot arrows, parker just re-brands and up charges.
Team Dryfire
Normous

Post by Normous »

nchunterkw wrote:Enormous..I bought some recently and they came with both flat and moon nocks. When I put the flats in they were of a slightly larger diameter than the moons. Are your flat nocks exactly the same as the arrow shafts? They were supposed to send me some new flats but I have not seen anything in the mail yet.
The batch I recieved are perfectly matched in diameter between the plastic nock and the shaft, as it should be.
Hester, the Maxima Hunter shot very well this weekend during extended practice between my wife, I and numerous friends.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Thanks enormous...that's what I thought. Not sure what happened. I called them Friday and they are supposed to send me new flat nocks.....after the customer service rep told me twice that the nockes were supposed to be tight...that they were press fit. I think I finally got him to understand that they were the wrong diameter.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Normous

Post by Normous »

[quote="nchunterkw] that the nockes were supposed to be tight...that they were press fit. [/quote]
That is correct, the press fit on mine are tight with excellent fit tolerences.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

My arrows had moons installed with extra flats in a bag. The moons fit perfectly - and had the exact same outside diamtere as the arrow shafts. When I changed out one to a flat, the press fit was very good (I actually seated them with a hammer) but the outside diameter of the nock as probably 2mm larger than the arrow shaft. So the arrow rode down the rail on just the nock.
Keith

Micro 335 & 355
[email protected]
<{{{><
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Im excited.. :D
Any word on illuminated nocks?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

Pydpiper wrote:Im excited.. :D
firenock makes a great illuminated nock for the maxima series.
Team Dryfire
Normous

Post by Normous »

nchunterkw wrote: but the outside diameter of the nock as probably 2mm larger than the arrow shaft. So the arrow rode down the rail on just the nock.
That is quite a difference. Mine are so flush that I cannot feel the transition between nock and shaft with my fingernail. I hope your situation gets sorted out soon.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

xbowkidd wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:Im excited.. :D
firenock makes a great illuminated nock for the maxima series.
I'm looking into the Luminock from Burt Coyote, that is what Excalibur uses in their Firenock series.
Cost is $33/3 for the Luminock and $55/3 Firenock. The Luminock is more desirable for the pocketbook.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

my son is shooting the 22 inch kv maxima hunters I gave him fletched with blazers done on the Arizona bolt and 125 fieldpoints and the 125 two blade crossbow rage and a fastflightstring with a double serving of .026 angel majesty serving in his equinox and the fieldpoints and rage are hitting the same poi out to 60yds and shooting great groups.he,s happy as a pig in poo!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Masboy wrote:.he,s happy as a pig in poo!
LOL, me too.
I shot my Maxima Hunters this weekend while camping and found them to shoot very good, better than my GTII's. A bunch of campers nearby asked for a opportunity to shoot the Vortex, all never shot a crossbow before. I was worried about loosing my new arrows but with some luck and good intstruction nobody missed the target. All the new shooters were very impressed with the Vortex and how easy is was for them to shoot accuratly with it.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

my sons a die hard compound man and dosn,t shoot the equinox very often but has got a couple deer with it . I got it rigged with my S5 and some good arrows now and when he comes down to shoot his compound he always goes and gets the equinox out for some shooting and says he can,t believe how acurrate and easy it is to shoot. then surprised me today and said I don,t know if I want to hunt with my compound or the equinox the first day.I just laughed because he always complained about how loud they are. two of my sons shoot maxima hunters from there compounds and love them.