Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Re: Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Post by Galgo »

Good stuff Erik. i don't necessarily agree with all your points but I would support an organized lobby of our politicians so count my vote in.

F
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Hi all. I have the final draft of my petition to the Ontario Government ready to present to my member of the Provincial Parliment (M.P.P). She is a very good person, and I do not anticipate any objection to her accepting the charge of presenting this petition to the Ontario Legislative Assembly.

Hopefully, she and I will be meeting this coming week. After the meeting, I will be making any necessary corrections or additions to the text of my petition (if any), and then I will post an announcement to officially make the petition available throughout Ontario to all those interested in signing on.

I will be asking my MPP what amount of signatures she considers to be the minimum for any real and effective consideration by the Ontario Legislative Assembly. Her answer will be the very minimum of participation that I desire for this very important issue.

Thanks in advance for all the support I have received thus far.
I'll keep you all posted as progress is made.

Regards, Erik.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Read an article about the mnr being the most defiant provincial ministry in regards to disclosing financial info(ie monies coming in and where it is spent) makes me wonder what was their motivation was
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

The MNR needs a total revamp. Outdoor card sales and over priced license fees along with paid application tag sales and its worst then its ever been..

As far as the tag system , well its ok but a far cry from what the USA charges for Non Res license's.

Pa the very same license system, same tags and you get a bear , buck a fall turket and spring turkey all for $103.00 now talk about Over pricing residents....
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Hot Pepper Dude

Hi all. I have yet to meet with my M.P.P. as she is only available by appointment and is currently busy with House of Commons agenda. So, I am going ahead with the petition now, and I'll meet her sometime in the near future. There's room for 20 people per sheet and 5 sheets can be mailed for the cost of one postage stamp($.61). I am willing to mail out to those who request it, and feel confident in getting all or most of the sheets signed.

To keep the cost of postage down, it would be ideal if this spread in zones that are nearby to one another. For instance, I am in Pefferlaw but work close to Newmarket. Beaverton, Lindsay, Port Perry, Uxbridge are fairly close to me. So, if those zones got loaded up with petitions, I could arrange to pick up from same, after work or on routine trips to those areas. People living in those zones could collect from their neighbouring towns. And so on. An organized network so to speak.

The petition "must contain original signatures only, written directly on the face of the petition and not pasted or transferred to it. Petitions must be free of erasures or insertions. Petitioners must be residents of the Province of Ontario; it is acceptable for petitioners to be under the age of majority." That's a direct quote from the government.

For those interested in participating, send me a PM or write to:
[email protected]

Thank you.
Regards, Erik.
Hot Pepper Dude

Hi. Looking for like minded individuals/groups who care about our heritage activities of hunting and fishing, and who oppose to Americans collecting our personal information, taking away jobs from residents, and using our money (which is for our fish and wildlife) to mail us a license tag that is huge, overblown, cumbersome, unnecessary, redundant, unwanted, unwarranted, and generally opposed to. Do I have your ear, brothers and sisters of the Hunting and Fishing communities of the lovely and enviable Province of Ontario, CANADA!!!!!!!!!

I care. If you do as well, then please respond to my request for petitioners. You have ZERO to fear, and everything to gain. Let us correct a wrong, shall we?

Thanks for reading this. Thanks in advance for participating!

I am just a guy who cares.
Regards, Erik.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Ya' know, no disrespect intended, but I've held my tongue on this for about as long as I can. I fail to see what the fuss is about. There are A BUNCH of people here in the US that have supported Excalibur, a Canadian company with our hard earned dollars, and have praised the work of Excalibur to our friends and other people, convincing them to also purchase Excalibur products. Not to mention all of the Excalibur brand accessories that myself and others here in the US purchase.

I've bought no less than 3 separate 'add-ons' for my Excalibur from folks who live and make the products in Canada. How many other people here in the US have done the same?

Now, with all of that being said, I myself, or anyone else, could have very easily bought USA and kept all of my money here in the US instead of sending it North of the border. But instead, I chose to support our neighbors to the North, and get a good product that I wanted. To me, it didn't make any difference that it was made in Canada. I would rather it be made there than overseas somewhere. Even though Canada is a separate country than the US, it is still North America.

Think about this for a second............ Try to figure up all of the money that is spent on Excalibur bows and accessories that are sold in the US every year. Add in all of the money that goes to Big John arrows, Boo Strings, Munch Mounts, NGSS, and any of the other add-ons that are made by people in Canada. How much money do you think this would be? How many jobs are created at Excalibur with US money? How many jobs are supported with US money by the private individuals who earn a little extra money making accessories for the Excalibur bows?

Excalibur is only one company. How many other Canadian companies do people in the US decide to support over USA companies? You want to start looking at the hunting outfitter industry? There are very few species in Canada that can't be taken in either the Continental US or Alaska.

Do you really think that your petition is worth starting a pissing contest and causing people in the US (and people on this forum) to take a second look at where they decide to spend their money?

I try to buy USA whenever I can and go out of my way to do so, but I don't have a problem at all with buying Canadian if I want something in particular. Again, I would much rather send my money up to Canada than overseas somewhere.

Governments everywhere are hurting for money and are trying to find cost saving solutions. As part of it, jobs are being eliminated. It's a hard but true fact of the times. But in turn, by cutting costs in one area, it may enable them to keep some positions that they ordinarily would have had to eliminate, or at least create some part time work. Since we're dealing with MNR, DNR, FW, etc, the money saved may enable habitat work or other fish/wildlife related projects. Several states here in the US are in the same boat right now as well.

Yeah, it's bad that your government eliminated jobs and sent the money to the US. But how much money from the US has gone to Canada? It may not have gone to your government, but your government benefited from it through taxes and revenue from the companies and the extra money spent by private individuals that they wouldn't normally have had without people from the US sending our money North.

Just something to think about.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
HammerNAnvil

Post by HammerNAnvil »

This might stray a little from the main topic but it also has to do with jobs, here goes..

I buy all my horseshoeing/blacksmith tools from the US, because canadian stores charge 33% more on average. I think more of my money goes to the US than anywhere else. I know a guy who bought something here for 140$ and found out he could get it in the US for 64$, he called the store and told them that and they told him to send it back if he didn't like the price, great way to lose customers. Canadian businesses would profit much more if they were competitive with US prices. Complain about losing jobs and money being spent elsewhere, but the simple fact is the average person is trying to make a living and it does not matter where they spend their money, but how.
Hot Pepper Dude

Thanks for your interest you two, but this is only open to Ontarians as it applies to the game and fish we hunt/angle for in our province, whether we do it with a crossbow, slug gun, rifle, or rod. Otherwise, you could have signed the petition. Shame.

Regards, Erik.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Well, at least I know what Province in Canada I won't be spending any money in. Thanks for the clarification Erik.

Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Big58cal wrote:Well, at least I know what Province in Canada I won't be spending any money in. Thanks for the clarification Erik.
If you want to spend your money somewhere else then go ahead and do so but don't hold my game and license system hostage. These are two different issues.

For the record, Excalibur has nothing to do with this issue other than the fact it is on their forum.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Big58cal wrote:Governments everywhere are hurting for money and are trying to find cost saving solutions. As part of it, jobs are being eliminated. It's a hard but true fact of the times. But in turn, by cutting costs in one area, it may enable them to keep some positions that they ordinarily would have had to eliminate, or at least create some part time work.
Just something to think about.
The problem is there will not be work created somewhere else.
I have worked for this dumbass province and know this from experience.

We don't even know if the movement of this work will save any money at all. They just want to lower the overall employee numbers and the saved money if any will end up in the general coffers and does not stay within the MNR.

This is Ontario and not Tennessee so butt out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manage your own affairs!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

It's still the US and Canada, this is still an open forum, and you're not in charge of it, so I can voice my opinion on it whenever and wherever I want, same as you can. :D

Hot Pepper Dude

Hello. My petition is directed to residents of Ontario only, as it is an issue that originates here and only affects its residents. Please do not send messages from out of province or country, unless you are encouraging my endeavours to make a difference. I do not concern myself with what brand of equipment one is buying or using. That is outside of the scope of the real issue affecting the sportsmen and sportswomen and their families here in Ontario, CANADA. Our provincial government is doing us a disservice, and it must be addressed "in house". I appreciate any support from other provinces or countries, but it's a local fight. Please understand that.

I support all hunting and fishing rights and privileges. I welcome persons from outside of my province and country to come and enjoy our natural resources.

Thank you in advance for respecting my right to petition my provincial government.

Regards, Erik
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Erik Rasmussen wrote:Hello. My petition is directed to residents of Ontario only, as it is an issue that originates here and only affects its residents. Please do not send messages from out of province or country, unless you are encouraging my endeavours to make a difference. I do not concern myself with what brand of equipment one is buying or using. That is outside of the scope of the real issue affecting the sportsmen and sportswomen and their families here in Ontario, CANADA. Our provincial government is doing us a disservice, and it must be addressed "in house". I appreciate any support from other provinces or countries, but it's a local fight. Please understand that.

I support all hunting and fishing rights and privileges. I welcome persons from outside of my province and country to come and enjoy our natural resources.

Thank you in advance for respecting my right to petition my provincial government.

Regards, Erik
Considering that you are on an open forum Erik, you should very well know that you will receive input from others that may not support your particular point of view. If you would want such a forum, then I suggest that you start your own forum/web site to address this issue. Until then, you are piggy-backing your issue on a CROSSBOW site, that is not your own and you do not control.

My input was simply to illustrate the point that there are many Canadian companies that benefit from US dollars. As HammerNAnvil pointed out, there are several US companies that benefit from Canadian business. It's a give and take relationship.

If my memory serves me correctly, the Keystone Pipeline issue that was news not too long ago would generate several million/billion dollars for the Canadian government from the US once it goes through. Though this does not "directly" impact Ontario, it will "indirectly" impact Ontario by generating more revenue for your country in general, some of which will eventually make its way to Ontario.

You might not like it that Ontario eliminated jobs in favor of outsourcing somewhere else, but they had a reason to do so. Maybe you should look at what caused them to do it in the first place instead of being pissed that they did it and starting a petition to try to make them get the jobs back. If you know what caused it, then you could very well try to correct it. Without knowing the cause, you're wasting your time in my opinion.