Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Post by Tom »

I am sorry if someone else has posted this earlier, but I have not seen it on here.

This is for Ontario hunters. A little while ago out government decided to overhaul our license system (fishing and hunting). In this they farmed out all of this to a company in the US (Florida) and did away with many Ontario Jobs.

IF you check out the postal mark on the envelope you get when you get your hunting tags you will see that it was shipped from the US (Florida).

Comes to think that jobs should be kept in Ontario at this time of year.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
wheelie

Re: Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Post by wheelie »

Enjoy it coming from the US. Next contract it will likely be India! :shock: :shock: Maybe they can say hi to Ma Bell while they are in India.
mitch

Post by mitch »

Definitely very wrong.And your private information like your credit card are handle not by them neither . I would like my hunting money to stay here as much as possible.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

yall folks up north are just as important as us here in tha U.S.
you voice yur opinion the way you want. our so-called government is
out source'n jobs too !!! so speak yur mind, i will always.
maybe when tha blood type changes here, we all hope
to see a brighter day.... :wink: \
somethin has jus gotta change for the better soon !!!!!!!!!!!!
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ya, call me a nutbar, but i tend to think that things pertaining to the ontario ministry of natural resources should stay in Ontario. Crazy concept.

Well hey, on the bright side they made them sign a contract binding them to what would be Ontario law... :roll:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

I am not sure why the decision was made to contract the hunting and fishing license system out, but I do know that I am not pleased to be getting my deer license and seal from a company based in Nashville, Tennesee, U.S.A.

This company was the only one to respond to the tender. Still, as our information is sent to the United States, they retain the right to withold that information.

Another point of contention is the fact that money from the Special Purpose Account (Hunting and Fishing license sales) is being used to supply postage from America to Canada.

People who Hunt, Fish, or Trap are being abused by the system we have contributed millions of our hard earned dollars to develop and sustain despite
whoever is the reigning government party of the day. It is disgraceful how the Ministry Of Natural Resources has been whitled down to the point of outsourcing to another country. Absolute nonsense!

Voice your opinion to your MPP, and hopefully we will see a return to a Provincially run system that we were basically happy with, and at least supported the Ontario economy. Not Nashville`s!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Erik.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

sounds like you need to petition your own government.
as long as osama-obama strokes tha big wave.............i ain't gunna
comment on yur opinion.......... :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Any idea what the name of the company handling the system is?

Ohio switched to a computer system for licenses & tagging game. Local license agents and game check locations now have a computer that handles the transaction. The good side (in my opinion) is that you can do the same transaction from your home computer. For purchasing a license or permit you need a credit card, but for game check it's simply a matter of entering the info. Saves ME a 20+ mile trip to tag a deer or turkey! :D
The DNR website says:
The Active Network is the largest global provider of integrated technology solutions, marketing services and online media properties that encourage and enable participation in activities and events. The Active Network is either maintaining or developing automated hunting and fishing licenses systems for 26 states.
Just curious as to whether it might be the same company?
wabi
Tom

Post by Tom »

I do not know who this company is but most if not all stores that used to sell our licenses now do not because of this. So I can not go to the local store in my area to get my licenses, I have to either do it on the internet (not always available for me) or go to an Service Ontario Outlet (next city to the west).

Very sad
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I am going to play Devil's advocate on this one. OK, can you think of any countries that have businesses in Canada. My thought is that its a global market. Businesses come into Canada and other businesses go out. Its just the modern way of business structure today. Its a global market. Its not anything like a mom and pop business in a small town. Hopefully it comes out a wash as far as jobs go. Now thats where competitiveness plays a roll. Just an opinion and I maybe all wrong.
Vormax

Post by Vormax »

Erik Rasmussen wrote:I am not sure why the decision was made to contract the hunting and fishing license system out, but I do know that I am not pleased to be getting my deer license and seal from a company based in Nashville, Tennesee, U.S.A.

This company was the only one to respond to the tender. Still, as our information is sent to the United States, they retain the right to withold that information.

Another point of contention is the fact that money from the Special Purpose Account (Hunting and Fishing license sales) is being used to supply postage from America to Canada.

People who Hunt, Fish, or Trap are being abused by the system we have contributed millions of our hard earned dollars to develop and sustain despite
whoever is the reigning government party of the day. It is disgraceful how the Ministry Of Natural Resources has been whitled down to the point of outsourcing to another country. Absolute nonsense!

Voice your opinion to your MPP, and hopefully we will see a return to a Provincially run system that we were basically happy with, and at least supported the Ontario economy. Not Nashville`s!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Erik.
X2
bugs

Post by bugs »

I think the jobs should stay in Canada, rather it was sent to the US than anywhere but every country should be required to keep all provincial or fedral jobs within their own country with their own citizens working there first! If that is not possible they can outsource.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Wabi asked: "Any idea what the name of the company handling the system is?"

Just looked through some recent Ontario Out Of Doors magazines. Found it in the March edition (Fishing Annual 2012). The company is Active Outdoors of Nashville Tennesee.

Regards, Erik.
Boo

Post by Boo »

If we in Ontario or the whole of Canada were too busy to bid or to bid high enough to get the contract how do we expect to see a Canadian stamp on the envelopes? Shouldn't we be happy to see a stamp from our best trading partners?
Sorry everyone, I don't see an issue here and I am happy it went to the US rather than off-shore.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:If we in Ontario or the whole of Canada were too busy to bid or to bid high enough to get the contract how do we expect to see a Canadian stamp on the envelopes? Shouldn't we be happy to see a stamp from our best trading partners?
Sorry everyone, I don't see an issue here and I am happy it went to the US rather than off-shore.
X2
I also don't have an issue, they are bound by our privacy act, I received both of my deer tags in early August. I would/could imagine if it got farmed out to a different country rather then our great neighbours I would still be waiting for them. The only issue I have had was with new tag printers not working properly when I went to get my turkey tag but that has nothing to do with who or where the contract went to.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!