Bad news for Canadians

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Bad news for Canadians

Post by Doe Master »

It appears that Shaw media has finally cancelled all outdoor programming as of Jan 01 2013 . I guess they need to sell more Sham-Wows . :shock: :?
http://www.icontact-archive.com/JPAU0XW ... pehIbY?w=2
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
one shot scott

Re: Bad news for Canadians

Post by one shot scott »

Ive read this in a couple of different forums now but i have not seen any explanation as to why? I assume the anti's were squeaking and applied pressure?

Time to squeeze back.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

I have voiced my opinion to global already, I hope everyone else does the same.
Sean
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am
bugs

Post by bugs »

Whew! I have satelite, no such thing as cable lines where in live. Just wrong they would cancel hunting yet you can get xxx in your average R rated movie :shock:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

:evil: :evil: thats ridiculous! :evil:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

(OTTAWA – September 5, 2012) The Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) is suggesting that firearm owners re-think their use of Shaw Media products and services as long as the company demonstrates prejudice against Canada's hunters and sport shooters.

Global TV, which is a Shaw subsidiary, is kicking all hunting shows off the air by the end of the year. Other outdoors shows depicting fishing and boating will remain on the air, but any show featuring hunting will be eliminated.

Outdoors programs pay the broadcaster for air time similar to advertisers, and can make a profit by attracting sponsors. It is estimated there are about two million hunters in Canada.

“This looks like a case of Shaw Media showing its personal bias against Canada's hunting community because they don't like firearms,” says Tony Bernardo, executive director of Canadian Institute for Legislative Action (CILA) and spokesman for CSSA. “It smacks of prejudicial abuse of sport shooters.

“We encountered a similar situation recently when teenage sport shooters were stripped of their roles at the Ontario Summer Games because of the shootings at the Eaton Centre and in a Colorado movie theatre,” he adds. “It's ridiculous to tar hunters and sport shooters with that same criminal brush. Once the absurdity of trashing the innocent was made apparent, the teenagers were reinstated. And, we expect the same for these hunting shows on Global TV. ”

The popular hunting show, Canada in the Rough, is a popular Saturday morning touchstone show for Canadian hunters, yet it is scheduled to be unceremoniously cut from Global's programming. The show features hunting technique and respect for the environment in locations across the country.

“Canada in the Rough is an excellent example of how a TV show educates hunters on how to enjoy their heritage sport and protect our outdoor resources at the same time,” explains Bernardo. “Hunting is a great family activity that teaches responsibility and safety in the outdoors.

“Can Shaw Media really be so myopic to cancel these shows based upon news coverage on a bunch of gangbangers?” he asks. “That behaviour exists in a separate world, and has nothing to do with the shooting sports. Many hunters have watched Canada in the Rough religiously since it first hit the air nine years ago. Even the federal government recognizes hunting as an essential heritage sport.”

Global TV telegraphed its anti-gun bias when it commenced broadcasting viewer warnings years ago prior to hunting shows. The warnings suggest the programs could be unsuitable for children.

“Sport shooters are both amazed and insulted that someone at Shaw believes our activities are anything but wholesome,” says Bernardo. “Someone is trying to play a politically correct game with viewers and we demand that it ends here and now. Shaw Media sells television, Internet and telephone services. It owns 18 specialty cable channels. A company with all these products and services has a lot to lose if two million firearms owners and advertisers choose Rogers, Cogeco, Bell or one of the many other suppliers of these products".

“Shaw must change its mind on the silly decision to take hunting shows off the air,” he adds. “If they refuse, the CSSA has no alternative but to advocate that Canadian gun owners turn off Shaw, just like they're planning to turn off hunting. It's only fair. Shaw needs to realize that the firearms community has more collective influence than any other single group in Canada.”

If you disagree with this decision, share this information and please contact:
Greg McLelland
V.P. of Sales, Shaw Media
(P)416-263-4931 © 416-720-2291
[email protected]
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Thanks Dirty Gun......I was shamefully unaware

Joe171
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

The following was placed on FaceBook. I've already contacted all 3:

Global Television Cancels Hunting Shows from it's 2013 line-up

It is with great sadness that we announce the very unfortunate decision by Global Television/Shaw Media to cancel all hunting shows on Global and the Shaw affiliate networks.
Canada in the Rough™ has been airing for 8 years on Global Television and we've had a tremendous experience doing it. We want to thank all of you for your support throughout the years and as much as we hate to say goodbye, we have no choice. Canada in the Rough™, Canada's most-watched hunting show, will be pulled off Global Television after December 30, 2012.

Our hunting heritage is under constant attack by those who have forgotten that hunting is at the root of human existence and still the most valuable and effective tool in wildlife management.

If you wish to share your thoughts with Global regarding this decision, please email [email protected] as well as [email protected] and [email protected] or call 1-877-307-1999.

Please remember to enjoy the greatness of Canada and be proud of your hunting heritage.

Sincerely,
Keith Beasley, Paul Beasley & Kevin Beasley
Executive Producers
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

Emails sent! Thanks Beasleys and good luck in the future. TC
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

This BS from Global TV and Shaw is just that, BUL* SH*T. My emails and calls are going to be made. Thanks for the information on who to contact.
Raymond
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Look in Other Topics section for more information on this subject. Thank you, Erik.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

It has become abundantly clear that outside influences have caused Global TV to cancel all hunting programming. There is no justifiable reason, from a business angle, as Global openly admits that the viewership for the top rated hunting program, Canada in the Rough, is quite high.

The Vancouver Humane Society has long been a proponent of lobbying Global TV to cancel all of its hunting programming and is showing that it could possibly be a large part of the attack on our national heritage. It is also rumoured that, allegedly, the spouse of a Shaw executive is anti-hunting and has been convincing their spouse to get the shows cancelled for some time.

You can find the social media page of the Vancouver Humane Society here:

https://www.facebook.com/VancouverHumaneSociety

Here's an article in an Outdoor Canada blog regarding the cancellations:

http://outdoorcanada.ca/23771/blogs/fie ... up-in-arms

Folks, I have said it for years: The hunting community is far too complacent when it comes to standing up, speaking out and protecting our national heritage. If you think the cancellation of a television show is where this is going to stop, then you're blind to the overall agenda. The Animal Rights Advocate agenda believes that they currently have momentum and they will not stop until we're all sitting at home looking at our equipment and not using it.

Get involved in tackling stuff like this anytime you can. Get involved with lobby groups, etc. Where the ARA movement fails is in the fact that they attack individuals, not issues. If we become the logical voice of reason on the issues, then we gain the upper hand, as has been demonstrated with the recent gun control changes in Canada (still in process due to the damn court system...gotta love democracy).

Make your voice be heard.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Social media group set up for organization...

h ttps://www.facebook.com/stopshawglobal
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Petition set up. Might help to show hard numbers.

http://www.change.org/petitions/globalt ... m=28136925
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

It seems they're not going to wait until the new year, I went to watch Canada in the Rough at 10:30 and to my surprise........Fishful Thinking in on instead. The guide shows Canada in the Rough, just like every sunday morning. So I guess that I will not be watching any global programming starting now. I also checked the guide and there are no hunting shows at all listed. This steems me to no end. I had better stop now, I can feel my blood pressure going up.
Sean
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am