Tip for using the Arizona EZ Fletch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Tip for using the Arizona EZ Fletch

Post by Boo »

I don't know about your guys but when I close the tool on the arrow shaft and put the cone down to close up the top of the tool the green cone on my tools always slip back up. How well the leading edge of the fletching is down and as flat as possible makes a big difference in longevity. That is why we are supposed to dab a dot of glue on that leading edge.
So to keep that cone down try roughing (just take the shine off) up the leading couple of inches of the arms with a 3M pad. After I roughed up mine with a red 3M pad the cone stays put. I would imagine 220/320/400 paper would be good too.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Re: Tip for using the Arizona EZ Fletch

Post by newbie »

Thanks Don, just picked up mine today and was going to put it to work this weekend.
Hope some of that chocolate made it home to you :lol:
Love the black bronze string combo btw
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Don, I was going to PM you with a couple of questions about the Arizona EZ bolt fletcher after the season was over but since you posted this thread I will ask you now. When I order the bolt fletcher, do I have to specify left,right, or straight helical or does the bolt fletcher only come in one version. Am going to refletch all my bolts with 2 in. blazers as soon as bow season ends.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Thanks for the tip! I have one on the way as we speak. I've ordered several brands of glue but would like to know which fletching glue you all prefer... Have read good and bad about all of me but suspect that the bad reviews came from folks; that didn't really know what they were doing.
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
Boo

Post by Boo »

UPSMAN wrote:Don, I was going to PM you with a couple of questions about the Arizona EZ bolt fletcher after the season was over but since you posted this thread I will ask you now. When I order the bolt fletcher, do I have to specify left,right, or straight helical or does the bolt fletcher only come in one version. Am going to refletch all my bolts with 2 in. blazers as soon as bow season ends.
THERE IS ONLY ONE! :mrgreen:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nighthunter wrote:Thanks for the tip! I have one on the way as we speak. I've ordered several brands of glue but would like to know which fletching glue you all prefer... Have read good and bad about all of me but suspect that the bad reviews came from folks; that didn't really know what they were doing.
I'm going back to Fletch-Tite Platinum.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Thanks Boo. You are a plethora of knowledge. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
roly

Post by roly »

I too have gone back to the Platinum

You have to leave the arrow in the clamps a lot longer
but it does a great job

My Bolt always seems to slam shut , moving one of the fletchings up. with the platinum I have time to move it back down and still get a solid seal.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have been using Fletch-Tite Platinum for 10 years or more. It dosn't bond instantly like some of the other glues and requires a good 10 minutes or more in the AZ Bolt but the bond it creates has never given me a problem of any sort.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
diesel

Post by diesel »

Fletch-Tite Platinum

Glad that stuff works for you cause i tried it a couple times got mad threw the stuff walked over picked it up and threw in again.
Maybe I was not smart enough to know how to use it.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I noticed the cap slipping up as well, but if I line up the marks on it in between the arms (I think) it seems to push down farther and fit better, and then it stays down. But roughing up the arms is what I would call - a deer that can see really far away

a good eye-deer
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Nighthunter wrote:Thanks for the tip! I have one on the way as we speak. I've ordered several brands of glue but would like to know which fletching glue you all prefer... Have read good and bad about all of me but suspect that the bad reviews came from folks; that didn't really know what they were doing.
I use Loctite gel and it works great and sets up in a bout a minute. I use it on inserts to without any problems with them coming out in targets.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

thanks boo for the tip , i am not having that problem but it sounds easy enough to do just in case. i have to go with diesel and hester with the glue, the platinum just does not seem to hold my vanes very well especially on a target pass thru or stuck in middle; i use acetone(nail polish remover) to wipe everything down just in case. the gorilla blue top holds very well butt for me always in a hurry a bit messy, so i have recently been using locktite gel and the vanes will tear but not unbond not nearly as messy. i would like to add dipping the tool in acetone and a quick wipe between fletchings seems to help also.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.