King Township area hunters. PUBLIC MEETING SEPT 24 6PM attem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FISH-ON

King Township area hunters. PUBLIC MEETING SEPT 24 6PM attem

Post by FISH-ON »

Good day,

The Township of King (north of Toronto) has given notice of proposed ammendments to the discharge of firearms bylaw. There is a public meeting, conveniently at 6PM over the dinner hour on Monday September 24th, 2012. Any and all parties are encouraged to attend this meeting in order to show support for hunting and the discharge of firearms. Please dress business casual, or in your jeans and not in blaze orange or camo. Concerned parties are asked to contact Township Clerk Kathryn Smyth at 905-833-4018 or submit your comments to [email protected] please refrain from negativity, and register displeasure in a proffesional manner. I know too well how easy it is to fire off an angry email, unfortunately it has been my experience that while satisfying, angry email bombs seldom get you anywhere! The OFAH has been notified and will be in attendance. We have it on good authority that there is a fairly anti bias at work, and that the township is seeking to shut down significant blocks of land to hunting and discharge. There is already a well thought out bylaw in place that the OFAH had a hand in developing. To my knowledge, since the original bylaw was repealed, and the new one put in place in 2007, there have been no safety concerns or incidents to warrant a change in the bylaw. Your attendance, even from neighboring communities would be much appreciated. Your Township might be next! For more info contact the Township Office, or PM me. Please contact the Township office to register if you wish to speak. Thanks,

Caltek, I realize there is a meetings section of the board, but if you could leave this up it would be appreciated. In all the time I've been on here, I never noticed that section until I wanted to post notice of a meeting... lol! I expect there are more people like me. Thanks
joe171

Re: King Township area hunters. PUBLIC MEETING SEPT 24 6PM a

Post by joe171 »

Thank you.................I copied your very interesting post put it over on the Crossbow Nation
I know a lot of members there that are in the Georgina and surrounding aria from Richmond hill north also and would want to be made aware

Respect
Joe171
tracer

Post by tracer »

Thanks for the info.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
FISH-ON

Post by FISH-ON »

Np....thats why I copied & pasted from another forum....with such short notice gotta get the word out to those interested in attending