4 finger rope cocking aid ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

4 finger rope cocking aid ?

Post by JT of PA »

The few weeks of having my Ibex have been great and tiring. Since the other two people I take cannot cock the bow I am the official rope puller. The other day that was 75 pulls in one afternoon ... I was sweating toward the end and feeling it a bit the next day.

My problem is I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists and this tension while pulling the rope caused my right wrist swelling to come back a bit.

I try to alternate the handle "T" between my index/middle and middle/ring fingers to work different tendons/muscles.

I wondered if anyone has ever replaced the handle with one that utilizes four fingers instead of two? This would spread the load bearing surface and perhaps be the answer I am looking for.

A simple wood rod would get me started in my experiment, but I wonder if something else all ready exists and a bit more elegant in design.

The other answer is not take my wife and nephew and right now that is not an option. :)

Thanks,
JT
Dash

Re: 4 finger rope cocking aid ?

Post by Dash »

I'd try the wood like you mentioned and see if it makes the difference. Usually people may progress to the crankaroo if they have an issue with strength or injury, but you wouldn't be cranking out 75 shots with that very quickly. Although you could then get your nephew to crank out some shots :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Couple of hand sling/loop to go around yer wrists instead of T handle would work much better fer you!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

wabi
houser52

Post by houser52 »

If you have a kite shop near by check with them. I'm not talking about Walmart kiddie kites either.

I have a few of the big stunt kites, the kind that will drag you across the beach.I bought some nice padded handles to make the heavy pulling of the kites bearable. They kinda look like handles that are used on a ski rope.
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

you can also keep your cocking rope waxed real good with daltons wax and it makes the bow much easier too cock. works great for me!
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Masboy wrote:you can also keep your cocking rope waxed real good with daltons wax and it makes the bow much easier too cock. works great for me!
Masboy ... Thanks for the idea. It makes sense to wax the cocking rope, but, I did not think to do it. Will go grab the Daltons and rectify that. Good idea.
HammerNAnvil

Post by HammerNAnvil »

How about handles like the bowflex? piece of hollow wood or pvc pipe the width of your hand, the weight would distribute evenly across the hand.