It took exactly one month ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

It took exactly one month ...

Post by JT of PA »

I was working on the string last night and pulled the string changer back and thought I heard a click ... apparently not. After a "One thousand one" my first dry fire. Yep, you all were correct ... it gets your attention, BIG TIME.

I think I did not pull the rubber tube up enough and it was sitting on the edge of the release hooks. The "One thousand one" was the rubber tube sliding off the hook and then releasing full force.

Not 100% sure how it happened, but it did.

Did the cotton ball test and pulled the string back and nothing seems amiss. Glad my wife got me the S5 accessory, (she said it would be inexpesive insurance and she was right).

I guess I joined a club unwillingly. :lol:

JT
Last edited by JT of PA on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sumner4991

Re: It took exactly one month ...

Post by sumner4991 »

Congrats on getting it out of the way and recognizing it. I looked for my arrow for three days . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The second one is just as surprising...don't ask me how I know that!! :shock: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Take the d*mn plastic sleeve off the stringing aid and use your rope cocker :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Yup, welcome to the club. It does make your heart skip a few beats, :lol: . Glad everything is okay. Goes to show you what we have when we own Excalibur Crossbows. Nothing but the best.
Raymond
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

awshucks wrote:Take the d*mn plastic sleeve off the stringing aid and use your rope cocker :mrgreen:

I hate that dang sleeve, now that I know others have taken it off, mine is coming off today.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I took the plastic sleeve off a I put a serving on in it's place. The idea was posted on the forum. It looks good and saves the string also.
Raymond
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

How does the plastic sleeve cause a dry fire?
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

PA_DeerHunter wrote:How does the plastic sleeve cause a dry fire?
I think the thickness of plastic sleeve and how that thickness differs from the normal string I did not pull it all the way to the top like I would the normal string. My wife and I both witnessed the string changer fully pulled back and then after a second release/fire. I believe I will take the plastic sleeve off per the suggestions and have a serving put on and then just use the rope cocker to pull it back and next time ... REALLY LISTEN FOR THE CLICK. :D
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Raymond wrote:Yup, welcome to the club. It does make your heart skip a few beats, :lol: . Glad everything is okay. Goes to show you what we have when we own Excalibur Crossbows. Nothing but the best.
Raymond
Most of us have been there done that. I am now more aware when I shoot against others and pay attention of what I am doing instead of what they are doing. :oops:
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I'd discovered plastic sleeve removal about 4-5 yrs ago. Imho, serving the string on the rope cocker is un-needed..............
"Eze 18:21"