New delima

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

myflatline

New delima

Post by myflatline »

First, thanks to all who helped with the BIL's scope fogging issue, now here's mine.

Recently bought an IBEX package ( all I could affford ) then added the S5S dampners and the flemish string. The package came with the standard multiplex scope. Could not get it to site in. 2" high at 20 and 2" left. To it back to the bow shop to see if they could help. Again it would not adjust anymore, told scope must be bad and they will send it in for replacement. Not wanting to miss the last 2 weeks of our season, Tonite I mounted an old rifle scope, you guessed it 2" high & 2" left, no more adjustment on the scope.
What am I missing or not doing?
Sorry for such a long post

Jim
georgiaboy

Re: New delima

Post by georgiaboy »

I had an ibex...could shoot quarter's at 40yds. 8)
Check all your screws, the normal stuff. Are you cocking it by hand or using a rope cocking aid? Try starting at 10yds using only one arrow...then back off to twenty.
Hope this helps.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
myflatline

Post by myflatline »

Checked all screws, everthing seems tight. Have done everything else you mentioned. I'm at a loss.

Love the bow, got a nice doe opening weekend, just didn't hit where I wanted, broke the shoulder apart with a pass tru. She only went 20 feet
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I take a sharpy and mark my string on the side of the rail when the bow is not cocked. After I cock it I check the marks to see that they are on the side of the rail in the cocked position. You'd be surprised that some times they don't match up. Just a thought.
myflatline

Post by myflatline »

I think I understand what you are saying, but if that is the case how do you correct that
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

myflatline wrote:I think I understand what you are saying, but if that is the case how do you correct that
If'en tiller is more than an 1/8th out need limbs replaced. Have you tuned yer arrows ? Take a marker put a dot on vane start with it facin up on yer left side of rail. Rotate arrow if'en its off from where you aimed. 2 dots on next vane & 3 on last. If'en yer arrow don't hit where yer aimin then you have sight problems
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Aim 2 inches low and to the right . . .that should fix it.

Just kidding . . .not really . . .I'd do that for two weeks, then send the whole thing back to Danny Miller or I'd use the peep sights.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Could you have scope mount problem?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

My answer would be loosen the front two scope mount screws and see if you can lift the front a little and tighten .Or something I have done for rifle shooting at long range is to shim under the front of the scope . Next check your scope rings and make sure they are mounted the same way . ie the screw head is on the same side for both .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
myflatline

Post by myflatline »

I'm leaning toward the scope mounts or the rail it mounts on. Tonite I'll take the scope off again, reverse the mounts, triple chack all the screws and start over.

Yeah, for 2 wks I'll aim low and right then contact Danny. The shop I bought it at has not been very helpful.
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

I had the same problem with my Axiom. After checking the normal things, tiller, tightness of fasteners, arrows, and everything else I could remember reading about here on the forum I put a Leoplod rifle scope on it. Same thing, could not adjust zero. Then started looking closer at things. Using a dial indicator I trammed from the rail across the top of the scope mount length wise. The scope mount rain down hill more than the .030 travel limit of the indicator. OK now what to do? I loosened the scope mount screws to see how much movement up and down was possible--NOT MUCH-- the screws are a very close fit in the mount holes. I'm not a tool maker, but one of my hobbies is metal working and I have a nice home machine shop. After much thought, I decided that slotting the front mounting screw holes to allow for elevation adjustment may be the answer.
Also a jacking screw thru the top of the mount that would contact the front arrow retainer screw to allow precise adjustment. After this modification, I also installed a set of windage ajustable scope rings. Now how to recenter the original scope to it's optical center?? The leopold company has a vidio on the net that shows a simple way of doing this. Just hold the scope to a mirror. You will see two cross hairs. JUST line them up on top of each other. After doing this and making all zero adjustments using only the adjustable rings and the now adjustable scope mount everything worked perfect. The original scope which I thought was junk is now holding zero.

Hope this long winded post is of help.

Don
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
myflatline

Post by myflatline »

My new shadow zone came today, not much time to play with but again, shooting high. Put a cardboard shim in the front to get it close for a couple weeks then off to Danny it goes.

Thanks to all who replied. Gotta work tommorrow but get to hunt the eveining and all day Sunday. ( even it is 88 degrees )