Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Re: Swhackers

Post by one shot scott »

kenspiel wrote:Wish I had that good of luck with one. I shot a Doe yesterday morning, my Swhacker didn't open, Arrow covered with blood, but no blood trail at all, lost that deer. I believe if it would have opened, there would have been a blood trail and deer would have been recovered. Just saying what happened. The hit seemed good but could not find the deer.

You retrieved the bloody arrow and the broadhead was still closed?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

one shot scott wrote:I picked mine up @ B.Pro T.O.

They have them in stock. I thought i saw them on the websight too, but its american. I dont order from them online for that reason. Even though stock is in TO i have no idea where they ship from.
How much were they?
Just priced them from the website worked out to $75 for three once shipping and taxes added. Two weeks delivery if I opted for "priority" shipping of course that was another $8 :roll:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I would have to check the invoice bigsy, but I think they were around 40 for a 3 pack.
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

one shot scott wrote:I would have to check the invoice bigsy, but I think they were around 40 for a 3 pack.
Looks like I'm going for a drive :lol:

Thanks "scott"
Last edited by bigsy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I looked at some at Lancaster archery and could not see me screwing something that long on one of my arrows. I got dizzy looking at all the heads they have . I,ve killed a lot of deer with many different heads and could not tell any difference in how dead they were if I made a good hit . so I,ll stick with my slicktricks or little rocket steelheads for there accuracy and toughness and killing ability . I don,t believe most broadheads make a lot of difference but think that good placement does!!!!!! so no Swhackers for me!
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

Hit behind right shoulder, broadside shot, recovered arrow about 15 yds from where she was shot. All bloody, but head closed.????? Shot looked good but must have missed both lungs somehow - yet absolutely no blood except on arrow.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

There's a "dead spot" (I like the irony) above the lungs and below the spine where you can hit basically nothing. Even if it didn't open a 1" hole through both lungs would do it. Did the blades feel tight when they closed together?
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

kenspiel wrote:Hit behind right shoulder, broadside shot, recovered arrow about 15 yds from where she was shot. All bloody, but head closed.????? Shot looked good but must have missed both lungs somehow - yet absolutely no blood except on arrow.

Im just trying to understand. As you know the shwackers have an elastic holding them together. Was that still in place?

Where you hunting from the ground or treestand?

alot of the time, When hunting from the ground, If the shot was high then a blood trail will be very difficult. Entrance and exit wounds are the same level. If done from a treestand then high entrance, lower exit. And likely an arrow ebedded into the ground, unless the deer pulled it out. Then the b/head would close.
JohnnyDollar

Post by JohnnyDollar »

bigsy wrote:
one shot scott wrote:I picked mine up @ B.Pro T.O.

They have them in stock. I thought i saw them on the websight too, but its american. I dont order from them online for that reason. Even though stock is in TO i have no idea where they ship from.
How much were they?
Just priced them from the website worked out to $75 for three once shipping and taxes added. Two weeks delivery if I opted for "priority" shipping of course that was another $8 :roll:

Try EBay, I bought a new set of 125gr for $25.00 and free shipping and got them in 4 days!
I love the smell of damp rotting leaves in the morning
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

Yes, I did retrieve the arrow about 15 yds down where she ran. The band was on. The head was closed , seemed like a chunk of hair was in where the blade was. Maybe that stopped it from coming open.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Very weird. Sorry to hear you lost that one man.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

You would still have a 1" cut thru the deer with the blades closed.Either it was a non-fatal hit or maybe the deer went farther than you thought.How long did you go looking for her?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Boo

Post by Boo »

Riflemanz wrote:You would still have a 1" cut thru the deer with the blades closed.Either it was a non-fatal hit or maybe the deer went farther than you thought.How long did you go looking for her?
Agreed.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
kenspiel

Post by kenspiel »

Riflemanz wrote:You would still have a 1" cut thru the deer with the blades closed.Either it was a non-fatal hit or maybe the deer went farther than you thought.How long did you go looking for her?
I was hunting from a ground blind. The band was on when i shot, but not on when arrow found. Maybe I hit above the lungs, I don't know, the shot looked good and my Excalibur is dead on, i shot it afterward to check. I was thinking maybe liver but no blood on trail at all. We looked for 6 hours and some the next day.