southern ontario opener ( any luck )

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

derf

southern ontario opener ( any luck )

Post by derf »

open season southern ontario, anybody got back straps hanging or on the pan on the stove or barbe grill.
mr meat

Re: southern ontario opener ( any luck )

Post by mr meat »

Kathy and i got out this morning and saw 2 tom turkeys and as i type she is in a stand just hopeing my cell rings! :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
derf

Post by derf »

seen doe and 2 fawns at 6.30 pm ( no tag ) and in the other hay field, bear and 2 cubs. derf
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Let him walk...this picture was taken shortly after I was at full draw, then relaxed (may as well practice, eh?)

Had him dead...20 yards, broadside. But, being opening day and only having one seal in my pocket good for a buck, I took a pass. I have bigger bucks on camera and lots of does to use my additional 'antlerless only' seal on, so I can afford to wait out a mature buck. Now if those big guys would actually come out in the daylight...since they're all nocturnal right now... :roll:

This little guy actually usually has a travelling buddy...a big 8 point. So, when I saw him, I was immediately looking for the mature buck. Alas...no dice.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

DirtyGun,
Have you folks had frosts to turn those trees orange and red or is it the sun playing tricks with me? Really nice picture though. Thanks for sharing with us.
Raymond
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

No frost yet, but, leaves are turning...not to the extent the photo shows, though. The light + camera lens is adding more of an orange hue on the leaves than there should be.

Lots of pictures of turkeys from this location too, so, my wife's cousin will be out there for the Fall turkey season trying to bag her third bird this year, since this field is right behind her 'back yard', where we both have permission. So, I'll be taking a break from this stand location so she can get out there. I don't think she's hunting deer this year, though. When she starts doing that I think we'll have to start a time share. :lol:
singer73

Post by singer73 »

Was out for an evening hunt. but all i seen was 2 combines harvesting beans. They are comming off like crazy now . a couple farmers tell me the corn will be off early too.