Excalibur accessories/ Bad trend

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Turtleman

Excalibur accessories/ Bad trend

Post by Turtleman »

Don't know what kind of accessories are available in Canada but noticing some bad trends in US. I have been looking to get quiver bracket in green , as most pics are listed, and all are either plastic or black now. Also i am trying to buy an S5 for a new exocet i bought and most places carry in black and not green. I guess what i am trying to find out are these things still offered in the green? Let me know what you guys in Canada are able to purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lastly saved a lone exocet at a local archery shop the owner was trying to sell and couldn't. He said most people want the compound etc . He said he cannot sell the excaliburs. What is wrong with people?? So i got such a deal on the exocet i felt it was my duty to rescue her and give her a new home where someone will appreciate her!!!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Turtleman

Re: Excalibur accessories/ Bad trend

Post by Turtleman »

Oh forgot to mention that the quiver brackets now don't come with the excalibur written on the side. They are plain black. Something is going on!!!! To be sure the logo cannot be that much to have printed , like always, on the side. Just my two cents worth. Change ain't always good. Lastly another thing i don't prefer is the new look and composite rails on the axiom and ibex. Looks cheap to me. Might be trying to save weight but don't like the look. Again just my opinion. Let me know what you guys think?
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

Competition is prolly driving them to cut costs. Competition can be good and bad. Congratulations on rescuing the Exocet. Looking for that kinda deal myself.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Turtleman wrote:Lastly saved a lone exocet at a local archery shop the owner was trying to sell and couldn't. He said most people want the compound etc . He said he cannot sell the excaliburs. What is wrong with people?? So i got such a deal on the exocet i felt it was my duty to rescue her and give her a new home where someone will appreciate her!!!
This trend was also evident in a field test of "budget" crossbows published in the current issue of Field & Stream. The field testers all favoured the compound models over the Axion SMF, including one brand that is commonly known to be a P.O.S. in crossbow circles.

I guess its hard to convince people the real value in Excaliburs shines long after they have 100,000 km on the odometer and the other crossbows are all broken down on the roadside.

Perhaps Excalibur needs to draw more attention to the fact that they are the only one with a true lifetime warranty.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
ace_2930

Post by ace_2930 »

try http://www.wholesalesports.com they might have what your looking for.
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I hate to see them cutting corners when they make such top quality product. Like i said i don't understand a person thinking a compound is better than recurve limb crossbows. Just on looks alone the excalibur sells itself in my opinion. I guess there are more idiots then i thought out there! Thanks for the info Ace i will check out the link you gave me.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

IIRC, the S5's are all black now and I don't recall ever seeing a green quiver mount.........They are ambidexterous, so there would need to be two Excal logo's on them...........
"Eze 18:21"
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Many years ago Dan remember there was the powder coated bracket that was a sort of green/tan . Maybe :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

The metal brackets off of the older carved tips are a kind of green/ grey color. The plastic part that accepts quiver is black tho. And one of mine says Excalibur on it. On one side only.
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I'm going by all the pictures i see of S5 being green and the bracket being green. I will say i haven't seen in the stores any green ones but their aren't many excalibur dealers around my area either!
HammerNAnvil

Post by HammerNAnvil »

I just bought the s5 system today and its black, that was the only color they had here. bought a quiver last week and the bracket does say excalibur on the side.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Oh okay . Turtleman the pictures you are looking at are actually grey for the QB and S5 . The QB was changed to a glass filled polymer and the S5 was done in black now .
You may find those items in the grey still .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Thanks Doe Master , for the clarification. Any suggestions as to where i can find what i'm looking for?
rayman

Post by rayman »

Don't pick on the Axiom SMF, I have one and it's bad ass. :)

As for other people wanting compound crossbows, I don't let it consern me very much what other people want. :)
bwagss

Post by bwagss »

I liked the comment about Excalibur's lifetime warranty. My Phoenix is 7yrs old and still looks new. Use it every year for 4 months of bow hunting with no problems what so ever. I'm not much of a compound crossbow fan. They look over engineered and complicated. I'd like to see the average hunter change out the string/cable assembly in the field if broken. I'm guessing most new to the game crossbow owner/hunters are looking at price points rather than quality and longevity.
When you think you know everything, you find out how much you don't know.