String Serving Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rudy64

String Serving Question

Post by Rudy64 »

Hello. I recently purchased my first crossbow, an Ibex, primarily so that my 9 year old daughter can deer hunt with me. I was talking to on of the sales guys at Cabelas who sounded pretty knowledgeable and he said that I should not use the serving wax that Excalibur sells on the serving. He said that it would eventually gum up the trigger mechanism and that I would have to send it in to have it serviced. He recommended that I use Armor all on the serving and rail. I've been reading the posts for a few weeks trying to pick up some pointers and this is the first that I've heard of that. I was just wondering if anyone else does this and if it would have any negative effects on the string or serving. Any feedback would be appreciated.
awshucks

Re: String Serving Question

Post by awshucks »

No wax is what Danny Miller, USA warranty rep advises. Factory and Boo disagree w/ that. Quite the conundrum, eh? Get some Daltons string conditioner and apply it to the serving area sparingly and rub it in well. Too much is worse than none at all.........

For spray on rail lube, try 'Jig-a-loo'. Spray it on paper towel, then wipe the metal rail w/ the towel.
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Don't use any Armor-all on yer Excal. As awsucks said use Daltons on center servin & i wax my string every 500 shots. Wax adds weight to string also excess will get shot out of it. I get from 1000 to 2500 shots out of a string. It usually will have a strand or 2 break about that time & i use the old string as a tree rat toter.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

Armor-all stinks and Daltons is scent free. No brainer.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

enormous wrote:Armor-all stinks and Daltons is scent free. No brainer.
X2
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Rudy64

Post by Rudy64 »

Thanks guys. I've been using Daltons on my vertical bows for a couple of years now. Great product. I also thought about the smell of the armor all and don't want to give those deer any more edge than they already have. I appreciate the feedback and advice.
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

Would you still need to use the rail lube with the string wax ?
I ordered Ex Cal. wax with my new Equinox,would It be better to use the Dalton's wax ?
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

hotdog wrote:Would you still need to use the rail lube with the string wax ?
I ordered Ex Cal. wax with my new Equinox,would It be better to use the Dalton's wax ?
You don't have to use any rail lube if'en you don't want to. Daltons is very very good, you don't want some chemical gettin in contact wid yer string & causin it harm
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315