EHD Epizootic hemorrhagic disease

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoagy

EHD Epizootic hemorrhagic disease

Post by Hoagy »

Has anyone experienced this in their area's. Our county is one of the hardest hit in Nebraska. The hunters I have talked with are saying their barely seeing anything (bucks or does) on their trailcams in most places.
Statewide as of 9/28/12 nearly 6000 fatalities. Bucks are more apt to be affected by this disease than does. I haven't seen a buck where I hunt yet this year. Hoping the rut will change this fact.

Heres a link to the Nebraska Game & Parks website for more info.

http://www.outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/EHD.asp

Hope your having good hunting where your at. Hoagy
Hester0305

Re: EHD Epizootic hemorrhagic disease

Post by Hester0305 »

We found about 50 dead in the town that I work in all around creeks and floating in our lake in town. The wildlife officers told us we can probably expect 3 to 5 times as many dead as we find. I have noticed I don't have as many does coming to the feeder as I did earlier, most of the deer we found were does. Our state was hit pretty good with probably several thousand dead that we know of.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Pretty bad here in southwest Va. . First time its ever been this bad .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
rayman

Post by rayman »

There's been a few cases recently in Florida but its not expected to get bad. I'm trying to do my part by thinning the herd. :)
OLDWYZ1

Post by OLDWYZ1 »

Dead dear in 24 countys so far in Mi.
fujimo

Post by fujimo »

46 dead on my hunting property alone here in Ohio. still seeing deer but not like normal. seemed to be harder on the does than bucks here it sux for sure.
Exomax
vari-zone scope
125gr. Rage 2blade
Boo custom string
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

Thanks for the replys. Looks like this thing is nationwide. I guess mother nature is simply doing her thing & thinning out the deer population.
Looking back 2 or 3 years ago you could tell when the pre-rut was starting by the number of car/deer accidents showing up on the local news. It was a real problem.
Game & Parks said a hard freeze will stop this in short order, so we have had 2 so far & hopefully it will stop this problem.

Good hunting to ya, Hoagy