Foggy scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JohnnyDollar

Foggy scope

Post by JohnnyDollar »

Well the previous two weekends before this past weekend I have hunted in the rain. So this past weekend it was nice and I have deer show up, I shoulder my Emax and nothing but fog, I mean bad fog! I can't even see through the
scope. I wipe the lenses and the fog is still there. It is on the inside lenses. So mid-day yesterday I put a hair drier to work and cleared it up nicely. I'm setting watching a persimmon tree in front of me and to my right is a logging road, actually the logging road makes a 90 degree turn where I'm setting so to the right is logging road and sort of to the left in front of me is logging road and the persimmon tree is across the road from me. Well at 6:00 on the nose in walks a big momma doe and her little one. 32 yds. I shoulder the Emax and whammo, nothing but fog! I couldn't even see her that close. I sat the xbow down watched them two feed, a raccoon, and two spikes eat the persimmons. All in all it was a fun day. I contacted Dan "The Man" Miller and he said send it in and he will send me a new one UPS to my house! I sent it out today. I can't wait till the return so I can try it again. Sorry for such a long post.
I love the smell of damp rotting leaves in the morning