EHD effecting deer numbers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HIGHBOW

EHD effecting deer numbers?

Post by HIGHBOW »

There are many reports of EHD deaths all around our state of Kentucky at this time. I know that our deer numbers are lower than last year and it is looking like it might be a tough task to get one down unless the rut gets them moving more. I hunted yesterday and was really bothered by the lack of sign and zero deer sighting. Weather could have been a small factor but I know that dead deer are being found with no signs of cause.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
8ptbuk

Re: EHD effecting deer numbers?

Post by 8ptbuk »

Bad here in VA to .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Blood on the floor

Post by Blood on the floor »

Blue Tongue takes a monster.
Lee found a deer graveyard near a water source Saturday, which included one of our biggest hit list bucks. Man that sucks!

The pic. didn`t transfer.
mark 10 :13
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

I drove an area today that was over 80 miles of 4 lane that use to be covered with deer laying that had been hit. Today not one single deer either morning or till now. I just found it sad we didn't see one deer alive or dead on the section of road.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not sure if it got any where I hunt, I've had a hip problem and haven't been scouting the creek like I normally do. :(

The harvest statistics for Ohio indicate my county is down 12% this year and the entire state harvest is down 40% so far.

I do know I haven't seen many does & fawns this year. So far I've got pics of 3 or 4 different does at the feeder and probably 8 or 10 different bucks. Only 4 or 5 fawns have shown up. One doe with twin fawns shows regularly, but all the rest have been random sightings.
Not even close to the numbers that usually show.
wabi