Brass Inserts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Brass Inserts

Post by 8ptbuk »

Will Goldtip 2 Brass inserts fit Firebolts also ? Anybody know the inside diameter of each ? Thanks for any Info .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Re: Brass Inserts

Post by vixenmaster »

I believe they're smaller dia. so will abit of play .297 ID fer GTII
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks for answering , Was wondering if i could buy some brass inserts and put them in firebolts . Cant stand having play in them though.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Same inserts fit both. I bought 2 dozen for GT2's and used a dozen for Firebolts. Take a round file and go around inside to take the glue off from old insert. Seems to be a secret. :) :) Want less weight than 110 grains cut them off then grind them down to proper weight on scale. Then I run a tap through them to clean out bottom threads. Good luck :) :) They are tighter in Firebolts than GT2's. Fit nice though.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Thanks for the info I'll order me some and try them .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Put a drill in a vise upside down w/ a .270 cal bristle brush in it to hone them, stay away from front of arrow, it's what lines up the insert.......
"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

awshucks wrote:Put a drill in a vise upside down w/ a .270 cal bristle brush in it to hone them, stay away from front of arrow, it's what lines up the insert.......
That's even a better idea. I will stick with my file though because thats what I have. Don't own a 270. 243 is easier on this old man's body. LOL