C/P from Archery Talk

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joe171

C/P from Archery Talk

Post by joe171 »

I thought this was a joke It was NOT

Wow, if i read one more about their warranty after what i just went thru with them im gonna puke!They dont honor *%it! Ive been reading about how Danny would just ship them out new scope or other items without any questions asked, please ,thats not the customer service i gotten from them at all.
Heres the story!
Bought a youth mobel 2012 Ibex Package kit for my daughters first year of bow hunting(do a search on this section you''ll see if been asking about reviews)And i will say this crossbow has really been a joy to shoot and is extremely accurate, so the crossbow its self is just fine, but the accesories that came with the package deal, they wouldnt honor at all, the response i gotten back from them that it most likely my fault but return it anyway and we wwill send it out to just have it looked at, but i wouldnt expect a replacement!
My daughter shot and missed a deer at 54yards,just under her belly!Stop it!!!The crossbow will shoot that far accurately!So i hurried and recocked again and told her just over her back and you guessed it thats where it ended up!
Problem is the "Excalibur" X-Bolts just desintegrated once they hit the ground, you should see the pics! Im just disgusted of the integrity of these heads! I Call excalibur and they said they must have hit a rock or something, So i say "really" these 2 heads have a total of one shot a piece on them at 54yards (so the arrow had to be going half speed) and flew into the dirt(not a rock) and wanted a replacment for these! they were just junk. They informed me all they can do is send the back to Innerloc(thats who makes them) and whatever they decide is up to them. So i inform them that i didnt not buy these seperate on the shelf,that these were indeed part of a excalibur package deal from a authorized Excalibur dealer and should be under warranty no questions asked according to their website. So far ive gotten no where with them, im just appauled that Excalibur would throw the Broadhead Manufacture under the bus and tell me them ship them to them see what answer they give me, What a joke!!!!!!At least the crossbow shoots fine! and i hope the scope doesnt fail!Not sure whom makes them but thats probably where ill have to send it!
Sorry i just had to vent!Theirs wanna be customer service then theirs real customer service like Elite. $699 for the whole thing and had to but BH so my daughter could finish out the year.
one shot scott

Re: C/P from Archery Talk

Post by one shot scott »

:roll: You cant stop bad people from owning good stuff

everything sucks, nuthins ever their fault. I hope that post isnt an example as to how they treated excalibur in their communications...
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

joe171 wrote:I thought this was a joke It was NOT

Wow, if i read one more about their warranty after what i just went thru with them im gonna puke!They dont honor *%it! Ive been reading about how Danny would just ship them out new scope or other items without any questions asked, please ,thats not the customer service i gotten from them at all.
Heres the story!
Bought a youth mobel 2012 Ibex Package kit for my daughters first year of bow hunting(do a search on this section you''ll see if been asking about reviews)And i will say this crossbow has really been a joy to shoot and is extremely accurate, so the crossbow its self is just fine, but the accesories that came with the package deal, they wouldnt honor at all, the response i gotten back from them that it most likely my fault but return it anyway and we wwill send it out to just have it looked at, but i wouldnt expect a replacement!
My daughter shot and missed a deer at 54yards,just under her belly!Stop it!!!The crossbow will shoot that far accurately!So i hurried and recocked again and told her just over her back and you guessed it thats where it ended up!
Problem is the "Excalibur" X-Bolts just desintegrated once they hit the ground, you should see the pics! Im just disgusted of the integrity of these heads! I Call excalibur and they said they must have hit a rock or something, So i say "really" these 2 heads have a total of one shot a piece on them at 54yards (so the arrow had to be going half speed) and flew into the dirt(not a rock) and wanted a replacment for these! they were just junk. They informed me all they can do is send the back to Innerloc(thats who makes them) and whatever they decide is up to them. So i inform them that i didnt not buy these seperate on the shelf,that these were indeed part of a excalibur package deal from a authorized Excalibur dealer and should be under warranty no questions asked according to their website. So far ive gotten no where with them, im just appauled that Excalibur would throw the Broadhead Manufacture under the bus and tell me them ship them to them see what answer they give me, What a joke!!!!!!At least the crossbow shoots fine! and i hope the scope doesnt fail!Not sure whom makes them but thats probably where ill have to send it!
Sorry i just had to vent!Theirs wanna be customer service then theirs real customer service like Elite. $699 for the whole thing and had to but BH so my daughter could finish out the year.
I also read the thread on there and I shouldn't be mean but this poor guy is clueless
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

54 yards! 1st year hunter... man! it must be the equipment!

Wheres this forums "face palm" emoticon?? we need one.
joe171

Post by joe171 »

They gave him a rough time over there
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Who is they? The forum members?

It sounds like this guy does need some guidance. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Who is they? The forum members?

The Forum members worked him over pretty good but he never did see he did anything wrong.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Wow I must be missing something. Danny and Excalibur have always gone out of their way to help me out and stood behind all my bows but I don't know of any manufacturer that guarantees a broadhead or arrow for life. Once you shoot them there are just too many variables and things to hit.

As far as the range they are shooting, I guess if they practiced enough at those distances to shoot proficiently and guarantee a humane kill then I have no problem with someone taking that shot. I certainly would not be in that category. Just because a bow will chuck an arrow fifty, or even a couple hundred yards, doesn't mean you should be shooting that far especially at an animal.

Well maybe if he held an apple on top of his head it might be ok :D
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I read the post there as well , could not believe what I was reading . Thought it was a joke at first :shock: .

Well maybe if he held an apple on top of his head it might be ok
I call dibs on the 1st shot at the apple :roll: :lol:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: you can't fix stuipd!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

maine hunter wrote::lol: you can't fix stuipd!!!
Bones

Post by Bones »

That guy did get beat up over there.. Did provide myself some cheap entertainment with my morning coffee though.. Now on with the day!!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Entertaining to say the least.
He got trashed over there just like he should have.
After all the responses he still remains clueless.

I feel for his daughter and the poor guidance he has given her.
Like was said before...........just can't fix stupid!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

maine hunter wrote::lol: you can't fix stuipd!!!
X2, 3, 4, 5, 6, oh well you get the idea, :roll:

Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Common sense just isn't common anymore. :roll:

I screwed up my scope a couple of years ago. I could have probably returned it and gotten a replacement, but I knew that I screwed it up and there was no way that I would expect a company to warrant something that I did. I bit the bullet and bought another scope.

That guy is just a freaking moron to expect Excal to warrant broadheads. :roll: I guess, following his logic, I should get Swhacker to warrant the broadhead I shot the first doe with this year. Between hitting the big leg bone in the off shoulder, her running off with my arrow, and then falling on it, one of the blades got bent. :roll:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.