X-Bow prices

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bones

X-Bow prices

Post by Bones »

A friend has a great line on an equinox at a ridiculously low price, already told him I will take it site unseen for double what he can get it for ( i know the seller as well ) But noticed new there is $110 difference if you go from the exo200 to the emax or vortex to the nox. That 1 inch of aluminum must be expensive??? That's profit margin!! These prices are pulled off the web site , there has to be better deals around.
strum

Re: X-Bow prices

Post by strum »

Bones wrote:A friend has a great line on an equinox at a ridiculously low price, already told him I will take it site unseen for double what he can get it for ( i know the seller as well ) But noticed new there is $110 difference if you go from the exo200 to the emax or vortex to the nox. That 1 inch of aluminum must be expensive??? That's profit margin!! These prices are pulled off the web site , there has to be better deals around.
I have never seen a company so loyal to its customer as Excaibur..
Its almost a no questions asked warranty..
When you buy a bow from them you are buying much more than what you hold in your hands ..i said all that to say this..
There is nothing wrong with searching for good prices..we all do..but in the end. They need to make a profit too. So when you drop your bow from a tree stand and they fix it,or dryfire it and they fix it,or run over it AND THEY FIX IT ..that 1 inch of alum isnt so expensive after all.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Well also keep in mind that in addition to the longer rail the equinox and exomax both have a full camo rail and I believe they come standard with s5 stoppers. I would think that both of these upgrades would be easily worth the extra $100 IMHO.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

A full camo dip plus the cheek piece & the S5 all come wid the 2 top models, all the rest its added in options! So its really more than inch of alum. rail. To stay in Business & pay wages to their workers repair n replace their crossbows. The bottom line is its not jus about a 1 inch
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bow only Let's start again?
Bones

Post by Bones »

bigredopie wrote:Well also keep in mind that in addition to the longer rail the equinox and exomax both have a full camo rail and I believe they come standard with s5 stoppers. I would think that both of these upgrades would be easily worth the extra $100 IMHO.
What are you saying?? Same camo, same up grades.??
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

What Vixenmaster and I are saying is that a "bare bones" equinox and exomax both have a camo dipped rail and come with some other goodies such as the s5 and cheek piece (good catch Vix I forgot that one) that the other model do not have out of the box. You can add them but they will cost you about $100 so you need to consider that when comparing the bows.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

For bow only difference from Phoenix $489 to Exocet $569 to Exomax $679

From Local Bow shop website

Maybe it reflects time spent adjusting equipment to run different sizes I think it is reasonable

The beauty of a free market place is if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Tenpoint Matrix
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Bones wrote:
bigredopie wrote:Well also keep in mind that in addition to the longer rail the equinox and exomax both have a full camo rail and I believe they come standard with s5 stoppers. I would think that both of these upgrades would be easily worth the extra $100 IMHO.
What are you saying?? Same camo, same up grades.??
What Bones stated makes a lot of sense How much for an INCH forget the bells and whistles :mrgreen:
Boo

Post by Boo »

When you talk about the 225 lb bows the warranty rate is higher on all components, product development costs are higher, costs to stock a slower moving item are higher and insurance costs are higher.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

You have "a great line" so go ahead with it. Never have understood people who want to argue over a great deal. Penny wise equals Pound foolish. That is a traditional British saying and it applies to you. Cheap begets cheap.

Regards, Erik.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Erik Rasmussen wrote:You have "a great line" so go ahead with it. Never have understood people who want to argue over a great deal. Penny wise equals Pound foolish. That is a traditional British saying and it applies to you. Cheap begets cheap.

Regards, Erik.
It's not my "buy" but have said if he doesn't take it I will. Take a closer look at the post next time. :roll: