White and gray turkey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gerald strine

White and gray turkey

Post by gerald strine »

Last year while deer hunting I saw a hen turkey that was white and gray, white were it should have been brown and gray were it should be black ,had it at 15 yards but I did not have a fall license and had to pass on it .
Today I saw it again with a bunch of other birds some really nice toms in the group but I could got get them to come in. I have the fall license ether sex I have never gotten a good tom in my life several jakes but never a long beard now I am going to set up tomorrow were they passed through today and see if I can kill one with my Excal but do I shoot the white hen or a big tom? I am leaning to the hen She is an oddity I be leave, any one else ever see a white wild turkey ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
bob watkins

Re: White and gray turkey

Post by bob watkins »

i just had one come in that was brown &white it been around for a while. it was at 5yds.i was sitting on the ground with a gille suite on. i just keep passing on it , its a small hen wish it was a tom
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i have seen couple dz of them down home. Both sexes wid those colors & some almost pure white
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

We have a few of the white or so folks call them albinos down here in southeast Mo . Don't know if they are true Albinos are not
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
rayman

Post by rayman »

I've seen a lot like that in North Florida. Various shades of white, grey, like adjusting the brightness or contrast on a picture. They seem to be localized, in other words some of the places i have hunted had a lot and other places had none. Haven't seen one in several years. I've never killed one and they are kind of highly prised in the world of the turkey enthusiast. Most I've seen were hens and we don't have a hen season any more. The white toms seem to be extremely wary. :)