mia

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

roadrunner

mia

Post by roadrunner »

hi guys;
just wondering whether anyone else is getting the hoodini act out there, is the rut still on or have they all gone for siesta
Woodspike

Re: mia

Post by Woodspike »

Been out there with the camera for the past few evenings...
Got a small 8, and a spike that come through regularly, neither of which seem too interested in the ladies that are cruising around.

Might be that break in the action before the late does come into heat.
roadrunner

Post by roadrunner »

dido; last week a nice eight pointer and a two prong four days ago zilch and still counting
roadrunner

Post by roadrunner »

been filling the feeder regular and have been getting nice shots of extremly fat racoons if one of them gets any bigger i can make a complete coat for my wife :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

What is this "deer" of which you speak of? Is that those heart shaped footprints that appear only at night? Yes they leave "ruts"

Yep Mia! I feel your pain
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Watched a little Y buck wander by the house yesterday, he looked pretty sad and lonely, chewin ragweed and spitting, he just didn't seem to know what to do or where to go. :( :mrgreen:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This is a messed up season. I usually have scrapes on my logging road by Oct. 25th every yr. I found 2 scrapes on the 12th of Nov. No chasin going on here my woods i see the same Doe's every other day. I haven't saw the 1st small buck i let walk more than one time! Either they all gotstid killed of they keep travelin. I haven't layed me eyes on a Mature Buck this season. I usually see about 60 to 80 deer per Huntin season, i have only saw 30 this yr. Jus not good so fer
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

It is the worst rut that I've hunted in many years, my game camera got one little doe and a 6 pt in the last 12 days . Little to no sign in the woods, I've seen no chasing other than Nov 12th.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

not a scrape this year around my stands! but this last week I seen more bucks but a lot of small ones and about half were paired with a doe.a strange year for sure here with others telling me there not seeing scrapes. I think it,s a night time thing here because I see all kind of deer early driving to where I hunt and driving home when it,s dark.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm in Essex county. Still seeing deer moving but it has slowed a bit. They always seem to be where I'm not right now. Little buggers!! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

This is somewhat of a relief, I thought there was something wrong with me. I can't find deer anywhere. I have three trail cams on two different properties and have a total of 6 or 7 deer, and none in the last week. Where did they go ???
Sean
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Watched a small 3 pt yesterday come under my stand and then went over to my left where it horned a tree and then went about 20 more yards and made a scrape. Our gun season opens tomorrow for 5 weeks so maybe our rut will pick up and those bucks will start chasing.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads