Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Re: No Hunting signs

Post by Woody Williams »

Covers everything..

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

edited.. :D
Last edited by Pydpiper on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I may have to check on this, but, when I was young, seemed like everyone had "No tresspassing" signs up everywhere . . .it was an eye sore . . .I think they changed the law to where all land is considered to be a "No tresspassing" zone unless otherwise posted . . .in other words, you need permission to be on someone else's land, period.

Anyway . . .that's the way it should be . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

When I took my hunting course 8 years ago the two police officers that ran it stated "you can not post No Hunting signs on your land if you plan to hunt it. No tresspassing, yes. Reason being you own the land, not the wild life on it.

Posting No Hunting then hunting is like tring to keep the wild life for youself.

Ther words not mine, 8 years ago. Maybe its change now???
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Those in doubt, need to pick up a phone.
Call your local MNR and verify that you can indeed use your own land regardless of what you may believe, or post on a tree.

Using some of the logic on this thread I am tempted to post "STAY OFF THE GRASS" signs so I never have to cut the lawn again, wife can't dispute.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
taz3

Post by taz3 »

If there is ever a problem on your own property and a posted sign reads no hunting, I'll bet it will create quite an argument in the court of law, in favor of negligence and while you may clear yourself, I doubt the legal proceedings will be welcome by any hunter.

As for other private property ........ it begins on page 24 of the MNR rules and regulations. There is some serious misinformation being posted here, you (Ontario resident members) may want to read it to clarify your understanding of what is and isn't expectable.

"A hunting license does not give a hunter the right to enter private property"

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume ... 251888.pdf
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Pydpiper wrote:In Ontario you can hunt on land that is posted "No Hunting" if it is yours or if you have permission.
Again, the laws have changed here.

You can hunt your land if it is posted "NO HUNTING"
you are correct, i apologize for my previous post.. the story i referred to happened many years ago, so there must have been more to the story than i was originally told.. a local CO confirmed you can hunt your land or someone's land if you have permission,if it's posted with No Hunting signs..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

xbowrook wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:In Ontario you can hunt on land that is posted "No Hunting" if it is yours or if you have permission.
Again, the laws have changed here.

You can hunt your land if it is posted "NO HUNTING"
you are correct, i apologize for my previous post.. the story i referred to happened many years ago, so there must have been more to the story than i was originally told.. a local CO confirmed you can hunt your land or someone's land if you have permission,if it's posted with No Hunting signs..
You were correct too. There was a time when the posting would prevent the landowner from hunting as well. It was just an overlap of laws is all.
Happy hunting!
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

:D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Helmut

Post by Helmut »

I believe the point here has been missed. What is law is not always binding to the insurance company.

They have the right to dictate what they will and won't cover in most cases.
May well be true that the laws says you can hunt the posted land if you own it. That does not mean the insurance company has to insure you for it.
Just like home owner policies state no knob and tube wiring can be in the house yet there is no law that says it can't be as long as it is original install to the house.

Bottom line here is the insurance companies own our butts and not a darn thing we can do about it. They all sleep in the same bed together.