Black Eagle Executioner Arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hester0305

Black Eagle Executioner Arrows

Post by Hester0305 »

First of all I would like to say thanks to John (JT of PA)for sending me 5 Black Eagle Executioner Arrows for me to try out. I fletched the arrows up today with 2 inch Blazers with my Arizona Mini Fletch Jig. They came with moon nocks so I glued in 30 gr. Gold Tip inserts in the back and they ended up weighing 439 grs with a 100 gr. point. Well I went out to the bench and shot two 3 shot groups at 30 yard and then a 4 shot group at 40 yards and that was a mistake because I shot a Blazer vane off and pinned it to my target. If I can get the pics to load you can see these arrows shoot great. My point of impact at 40 yards was a little lower than my other arrows but I was shooting for a tight group so this doesn't matter. I screwed a 100gr. Slick Trick mag on the 5th arrow and hit within a half an inch of where my crosshair was at my 3D target.
The first group is at 30 yards with my first 3 arrows and trying to hold off the other arrow a little. The second group is at 40 yards and I was holding a tight group.

I will say these arrows are keepers.

John thanks again for sharing your new arrows with me. Your kindness is very greatful.

Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
mr meat

Re: Black Eagle Executioner Arrows

Post by mr meat »

very nice shooting!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I've learnt not to group my arrows, if I want to reuse them! :roll:

Nice shootin!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Nice groups for sure and cool photo.

I too got some Black eagle arrows, picked them up this morning. I hope they shoot the same kind of groups. I did Randy at Black eagle arrows install flat nocks in mine for no extra cost. They look great and cant wait till tomorrow to test them out.

Matt
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

nice shooting! very good of you John! there good looking arrows and I like it when I see enough twist that they look like boat propellers from behind!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Masboy wrote:nice shooting! very good of you John! there good looking arrows and I like it when I see enough twist that they look like boat propellers from behind!
Its hard too beat that Arizona EZ Fletch once you get used to it. These arrows definitely shoot good I knew not to shoot that 4th arrow thats the one that took off the blazer vane.
Stryker Katana 360
ShaneInMN

Post by ShaneInMN »

Hester0305 wrote:Its hard too beat that Arizona EZ Fletch once you get used to it. These arrows definitely shoot good I knew not to shoot that 4th arrow thats the one that took off the blazer vane.
Hard to resist sometimes! If I had more arrows I'd probably have taken the chance myself :)

What scope are you using to hit that group from 40 yards? Are you using it on a fixed rest or shouldered?
Ibex SMF - 11/23/12 - The greatest regret in my crossbow experience was not buying a recurve first
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

What scope are you using to hit that group from 40 yards? Are you using it on a fixed rest or shouldered?

I was shooting from my bench with front and rear sand bags. I shoot a Bushnell Banner rifle scope on my Vortex. I have it sighted in a 30 yards dead on and use my crosshair where the thin line meets the thick line for my 40 yard mark. The scope is a very clear 40 mm objective.
Stryker Katana 360
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Your very welcome. (Finally a chance to repay some of the kindness extended me by Masboy and Vixenmaster.) :)

Thank You for sharing how you set up the arrows and for the photographs showing how they work.

Great shooting!

? ... Your post shows the Arizona Mini jig was used. Is there a decisive reason you chose the Mini over the Bolt model? Do both apply the same amount of helical?

All the best.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Some nice tight shooting there for sure!! Nice. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

ottawacats wrote:I too got some Black eagle arrows, picked them up this morning. I hope they shoot the same kind of groups. I did Randy at Black eagle arrows install flat nocks in mine for no extra cost. They look great and cant wait till tomorrow to test them out.
Matt

Matt,

Look forward to reading how they work for you.

Still testing my Black Eagle Executioner arrows against the other arrows I have. So far, I am impressed with the results.

All the best - John
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Your post shows the Arizona Mini jig was used. Is there a decisive reason you chose the Mini over the Bolt model? Do both apply the same amount of helical

I already had the Arizona EZ Mini because I shoot vertical bows in 3 D competition as well. I didn't see any reason to buy the EZ Bolt unless I neeeded to. The Arizona Mini worked just fine
Stryker Katana 360
ShaneInMN

Post by ShaneInMN »

Just got a couple dozen of these shafts in from Randy @ Black Eagle. Went with the 20" as I think they'll do better in the long run with both of my bows. If I would have thought about it a little more I would have went with the 22"'s and just cut some down to 20" so I had the option at least. Ahwell, live and learn as they say!

Either way, I plan on shooting some 30/40 yard groups with mine this weekend, weather willing.

Going to use the stock 110gr brass inserts, 100gr saunders field points, and 2" blazers, and GT Laser III aluminum flat nocks. Should be close to 425-430 grains.
Ibex SMF - 11/23/12 - The greatest regret in my crossbow experience was not buying a recurve first