New to Crossbows and Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Re: New to Crossbows and Excalibur

Post by UPSMAN »

A sling comes in really handy while walking through the woods. I take mine off after I get in the stand. Bow is quieter and easier to handle in a stand with the sling off. Would highly recommend a top mount quiver attachment if you are going to sling your bow. The factory, bottom mount quiver, does not work well with a sling. Danny Miller (Horizontal Archery) the U.S. factory warranty dealer makes a great top mount quiver bracket. It's very light weight,which you mentioned was an issue for you. As for broadheads,everybody on this site has their favorites. Lots of great ones to choose from. Lots of hogs in S. Georgia where I hunt and the Swhacker broadhead does quite a number on ole porky. If you shoot Gold Tip bolts you can add one of their 110gr inserts to increase your FOC for whatever broadhead you choose. Welcome to the Forum and Good Hunting. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

Welcome over to the Excalibur side of life Big Bad John, I joined it last year myself for similar reasons. It is a great product and you will enjoy it after you get that S5 and make that 1st kill with your Ibex.
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sheesh, where's my manners? Welcome to the best forum on the 'Net........
"Eze 18:21"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D
Great choice on your excal...the ibex was my first excalibur. 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
BigBadJohn

Post by BigBadJohn »

Thanks for the warm welcome and all of the replies! Been sick as a dog the past 3 days with walking pneumonia. 3rd year in a row.
BigBadJohn

Post by BigBadJohn »

WOW! Feeling much better today. The best part about the soon-to-be-crossbow is that I have one of the best bosses in the world. He's an avid outdoorsman and puts his money where his mouth is. He gives each employee a Cabelas gift card for Christmas in the amount of $300. If that were for a small company with a few employees, that would be quite generous, but he has over 200 employees, and the company doesn't pay for it. He does this out of his own pocket. Given...he's a multi-millionaire, but that's still over the top generosity.

One year, I wanted something Cabelas didn't have. One of my buddies asked what I was going to do and I told him I'd sell my card on Craigslist for a reduced price and use that cash to get what I wanted. Well, my buddy clued the boss in on what I was planning without me knowing it. The boss came by my office, picked up my Cableas card and handed me the full $300 cash. On top of that, after you've been working here for a while, the annual Christmas bonus paid out by the company is 20% of your annual pay! I've never worked anywhere this generous before. And of top of all of this, they pay better than industry standards and have a fantastic benefit program.

Not to gush, but the Cabelas card means I only have to pay $239 for the bow from Cabelas with the free shipping coupon I got the other day. This way I can add on all of those accessories I wanted.

Look fellas, I'm not bragging. I just wanted to give my boss the credit for his generosity. Just last month his wife of 30+ years and one of the sweetest women you'd ever meet had a radical double mastectomy to remove breast cancer. They got all the cancer with the surgery and she'll not have any follow up radiation or chemotherapy treatments, so that's about a good an outcome as one could ask for under the circumstances. With all of the extra medical expenses and the worry over his wife this would have been the year for him to cut back on his generosity for the employees, but Milt just carried on like he always has. His wife, Angel (the name fits here) is incredibly upbeat about all of this. So, please include Milt and Angel in your prayers. I didn't give their last names. God knows where the prayers need to go. BBJ
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

We won't need their last names to send prayers, thanks for an uplifting story.......
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey prayers sent to yer Boss's Mrs. i am down home in Ms. Been visiting friends n kinfolk wid health issues also. Its nice to hear some Company owners that are still good ppl. Jus got to see my nephew & his wife & their son. I haven't saw him in 20 yrs & jus met his wife n son.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315