warm boots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

houser52

Re: warm boots

Post by houser52 »

Wolverine King Caribou III boots for me.

800gms Thinsulate, Gortex and lightweight
Ibex
NRA Life Member
NC Lifetime Sportsman
hockeyfodder

Post by hockeyfodder »

There is a new product from Thermacell out.
They are rechargeable insoles.
Similar to other foot warmers except you have a handheld cordless control that allows you to shut it off or adjust it to a a number of settings.
It looks like they're selling for around $130 canadian.
Cabelas, Canadian Tire (although haven't found any in stock and limited sizing right now).
I think the control is the biggest advantage.
You can leave them off when walking and then control setting.
With the others you activate them and if they get too warm when you're in the stand you're stuck with them unless you take off you boots and remove them.

Might be something to consider...BTW I've never tried them as I haven't been able to find a pair in my size to try them.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

hockeyfodder wrote:There is a new product from Thermacell out.
They are rechargeable insoles.
Similar to other foot warmers except you have a handheld cordless control that allows you to shut it off or adjust it to a a number of settings.
It looks like they're selling for around $130 canadian.
Cabelas, Canadian Tire (although haven't found any in stock and limited sizing right now).
I indulged in these this year. They're pricey, but it beat buying another pair of boots. They keep the my feet comfortable. They're not "hot" like the shake & bake disposable warmers.

I like that I can turn them on when I need them - helps prevent over-warming (sweating) on the walk in to the stand. I also like that I can move them to various shoes.

I've heard of construction workers wearing them on the job, and parents wearing them in the hockey arenas while watching their kids play.

If you're looking for a pair check the safety supply stores - I bought mine at "Mr. Safety Shoes" (a franchise).

I posted a review of them here:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ll#p429249
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Perforator

Post by Perforator »

The last pair of felt pack boots I got for work have foil coating on the liners - Dakota T-Max. I guess it works like a space blanket and reflects heat back to your feet. Quite effective on the coldest days we had last year (not that it got that cold last year).
The Thermacell insoles sound like the best answer though since you have such variable levels of activity between walking and sitting for hours.