Ibex brace height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

alanr

Ibex brace height

Post by alanr »

I am the new owner of an Ibex & am wondering where the brace height should be set. There are no marks on the siser that I can see. thank you alanr
JT of PA

Re: Ibex brace height

Post by JT of PA »

alanr ... does your Ibex have the s5 system? If it does, your string should be about a 1/8" of an inch (credit card width) from the s5 rubber bumper. If it does not have the s5 system, a good rule of thumb is 1" from the seam where the front limb system was attached to the stock.

Is your mainframe made out of aluminum or the black, synthetic material?

If a photograph would help you, let me know and I can take one of my Ibex with the aluminum mainframe.

Your in for a treat if your Ibex is like the one I just got back in August.

All the best, John
alanr

Post by alanr »

Mine is black not sure if it is aluminum or not. I have the supressor kit ordered but not here yet. What are you shooting for bolts & broadheads? thanks Alan
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

alanr ... The black color indicates you have a synthetic mainframe (SMF). If you see the SMF after the name of a crossbow model it comes with a synthetic mainframe instead of the aluminum mainframe. If you feel like reading for a bit, type synthetic mainframe in the Search box in the upper-right corner of the forum, enjoy.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht#p420086

The above link has some distilled information if you want a quick answer to your brace height question from some of the forum members who have more experience and knowledge than I do.

I am currently using Gold Tip Laser 3 Pro bare shafts and Black Eagle Arrow Executioner bare shafts. Gold Tip is the more established brand and Black Eagle is a newer company. I do not hunt so I will have to leave your broadhead inquiry up to others on the forum.

Feel free to ask - this is a great forum full of helpful folk. However, sometimes a quick use of the Search box will reveal multiple answers to the question you are facing.

Let me know if I can help out or point you toward the folk that can.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The missing lines are 5/8" and 1 3/8" from the end of the riser.............I'd scribe them on if it were my bow......
"Eze 18:21"
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

As for bolts (arrows) I shot an Easton 2216 alu. with a 100 grain slick trick .. I like this set up. others may have something they like also..
live everyday as it is your last..It may be