Wow! Matrix!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RexKay

Wow! Matrix!!

Post by RexKay »

They are up on the site, and all I can say is wow! Man O Man no doubt about it,I am scoring one of these and addin it to the stable. I wanted a black Excalibur , and there she is!! But the camo one is really a looker. Talk about wicked! Perfect timing at Xmas time to bring up the topic to the Mrs. ...wish me luck! I can't wait to fondle one of these bows. 60% longer limb life?? The current limbs are already indestructible. 18 in arrows? Wow again! Kudos Excalibur !! Come on Tax Return!!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
maine hunter

Re: Wow! Matrix!!

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: those are very sweet looking bows!!! but i have to say i'm very happy with my new vortex, not to put the others down, but i love my bow, hitting a 3-d turkeys head at 30 yards over and over, had to stop,head was ripping off!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
nharrison

Post by nharrison »

Where can I see a good pic of this xbow
Tom

Post by Tom »

they say that it is narrow, but how much narrow is it. What I would like to know is, the width of the bow when not cocked and when it is cocked.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Tom wrote:they say that it is narrow, but how much narrow is it. What I would like to know is, the width of the bow when not cocked and when it is cocked.

Tom
"The Matrix lineup of compact crossbows are all a full six inches narrower as well as four inches shorter."
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Big Time DROOL Factor!! :twisted:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Well Done EXCAL!!! great looking bows!! wonder how easy it will be to load the 355 might have to trade Kathys new vixen11 for one! :lol: :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

It has some great features:

-anti dry fire

-the rail on the forestock so you don't get your only fingers ripped off

-rubber grips (similar to the upgrade they did with the Weatherby Vanguard S2 model)

I still like my Equinox but for anyone that has a good disposable income or sponsored by Visa this will be a nice addition to the stable. I can't wait to hear some feedback on it from the public.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Is the Matrix 355 really cheaper than the Matrix 380. Maybe on the surface only. ???? 3/4
No Cheek Plate and no R.E.D.S. suppressors.

Do they really shoot the speeds indicated out of the box or is the note at bottom of specs is just an oversight.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Do they really shoot the speeds indicated out of the box or is the note at bottom of specs is just an oversight.
Dunno, but historically speaking, I'd bet on Excal being truthful.
"Eze 18:21"
colouredchameleon

The Matrix Limb Life

I cannot speak for others but the comment about the Limb life “Compared to Equinox, it’s a full six inches narrower, four inches shorter.
Matrix 380 Xtra is also far more durable (60% longer limb life)”

Raises a serious concern as an Equinox owner about the limbs on my Equinox.
colouredchameleon

hankenhunter wrote:
colouredchameleon wrote:The Matrix Limb Life
Do a forum search on Equinox dry fires. You have nothing to worry about my friend. Mine has surpassed my every expectation and continues to amaze me with it's durability.
Happy carefree shootin,
Hank
Life Life is a function of Use.

A forum search does not answer the question as to why the 60 % improvement when it comes to limb life is significant as a selling feature.
Mine has surpassed my every expectation as well up until now but
the statement raises a serious red flag.
Someone who uses their Equinox a couple of times during the hunting season may have very little to be concerned about. (Most likely less than 50 shooting total annually)
But such a statement should and does raise concerns for those that use their crossbow on a regular basis year round. (100's of shoot if not a 1000 plus annually)
Presently I have shot > 300 shoots since my Equinox purchase in late October and expect to continue at that rate for the foreseeable future. So therefore the concern about the merits of the statement concerning limb life is quite relevant.

Life Life is a function of Use.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I don't know how they got those numbers. Perhaps it repeated dryfires during testing, in which case there's nothing to worry about. How long has the exomax been out now? It's just a marketing ploy to hype up the latest and greatest. Your reading too much into it.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

colouredchameleon wrote:The Matrix Limb Life

I cannot speak for others but the comment about the Limb life “Compared to Equinox, it’s a full six inches narrower, four inches shorter.
Matrix 380 Xtra is also far more durable (60% longer limb life)”

Raises a serious concern as an Equinox owner about the limbs on my Equinox.
I don't have a clue what they are saying but short of a dry-fired damaged limb I think the life of the present limbs is measured in generations not year or shots.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

WOW I think the crossbow industry is going to be turned on its head with being smaller and faster Excaliburs. I bet some other bow companies are scrambling now and thinking what to do to keep up.

I think Excalibur just raised the bar. Makes me proud to own all Excaliburs but I won't be buying a new Matrix anytime soon.

Also cought my attention when I read 60% longer life. Guess Bill T changed his mind on Anti dryfire's as well.

Would take a long time to engineer. Must of hid it all when we went on our tour of Excalibur on the way to Boo's this past summer. LOL