Black Eagle Arrows .. Masboy and Boo Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

Black Eagle Arrows .. Masboy and Boo Day

Post by JT of PA »

Had the privilege today of shooting at the "Masboy Outdoor Recreational and Research Range". :)

Masboy kindly let me shoot his Vortex from a sitted position utilitzing sandbags, supports and a scope. Since I shoot a peep-sighted, Ibex from standing/freehand this was different but quick learn with Masboy's instructive help.

Even with 5-10 mph wind and some gusts this Vortex is accurate. I shot the Black Eagle Executioner arrows I assembled and then shot the one's Boo sent for testing. All the arrows were consistent. It was interesting to watch the arrows drop, using the scope, when the wind pushed them down. No wind ... 1-2" groups, Wind ... 4" groups.

Great day shooting outside in the morning and inside in the afternoon. I posted the indoor shooting pictures in another entry if interested.

Boo - Thank You for sending the arrows out for testing.

Masboy - Thank You for letting me come down and use your equipment and Boo arrows. You were right, that Boo string on your Vortex is niiiiicccceee. :D

Black Eagle Arrow Thoughts:

Black Eagle arrows are good - stiffer than my Golt Tip Laser 3 in Pro straightness.

Overall, better than my Gold Tips? ... For now I will say they seem a bit more accurate and only time will show how they stand up to use.

What I am finding unique is the consistency ... no flyers beyond the ones I call.

The product outperforms the price point.

I think at the distances/conditions I usually shoot (indoor under 38 yards) most quality arrows will shoot well.