Matrix Strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PA_DeerHunter

Matrix Strings

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Does anyone know if Boo, or Danny Miller, or VixenMaster will be making strings for the new Matrix? Is there any conversation of Flemish strings to be made for the Matrix?
Boo

Re: Matrix Strings

Post by Boo »

Keep in mind that I speak for myself and do not work for Excalibur.
They have not ordered any Flemish strings and at this point I have to guess that they have no intentions. I won't mention who said this but there is someone in the archery business that things endless loop strings are stronger or that Flemish are no stronger.
I have never seen a Flemish string break at the loops and I believe because of all the twists they are easier on the limbs. Both types of strings are being tested at BCY at this moment.
I have not offered any strings because I would rather have a bow to model the string. Big John has 355 so I might shoot him a trial string.
Did you want a trial string?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus a comment but i have noticed that Excal shows the optional Flemish Fast Flite string in all 3 of the Matrix catalog data ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

Boo wrote:Did you want a trial string?
When I purchase the Matrix, absolutely! I will let you know!

I can't imagine an endless loop string being stronger. Every one that I've used always wore out sooner than the Flemish I use. Serving issues around the loops was also an irritant for me, and seems to be standard for endless loop strings. I guess I just don't know why Excal would not provide the dual option on strings as they do with their present mainline bows.

We will see.
Last edited by PA_DeerHunter on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

vixenmaster wrote:Jus a comment but i have noticed that Excal shows the optional Flemish Fast Flite string in all 3 of the Matrix catalog data ?
Hmmm, I didn't see that. Will have to look. Thanks!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en they don't offer them, then its a Marketing Business deal. As in more endless lopp strings wear faster the more will be bought in the future
Half Bubble Off BD360

Boo

Post by Boo »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalo ... ht_strings

Flemish Dynaflight Crossbow String
Flemish Dynaflight Crossbow String combines modern materials with traditional time-proven design for the utmost in performance and durability. For use on all Excalibur crossbows except for the Matrix Series crossbows.

MSRP: $44.99* US/CAN

Once I've figured out what dimentions and material I like I won't be sending out any test strings very often.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

PA_DeerHunter wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Jus a comment but i have noticed that Excal shows the optional Flemish Fast Flite string in all 3 of the Matrix catalog data ?
Hmmm, I didn't see that. Will have to look. Thanks!

I suspect that was an over site by some one when developing and proofing the Matrix Ad prior to release of the online Specification Data.
Someone forgot to remove that section from the master template to produce the new Matrix Specification Data Ad.

It was the first thing I noticed when the matrix first came out and found a bit odd. This lapse in attention to detail to me is a bit out of character for Excalibur.
I have always took notice and felt that Excalibur's attention to detail by dotting every ( i ) and crossing every ( t ) was why they are able to put out such quality product. Only hope this is just a one time mis-step and not an indicator of the future.

I am surprized a fix has not been put in place by now

Specifications

Velocity: 380 FPS
Draw Weight: 260 lbs.
Power Stroke: 13.1"
Mass Weight: 5.9 lbs.
Overall Length: 35.6"
Arrow Length: 18"
Arrow Weight: 350 Grains
Stock Type: Ergo-Grip
Finish: Realtree Xtra

Arrow speeds obtained using 350 grain arrow and optional 1989 Flemish Dyna Flight String
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

Boo wrote:Keep in mind that I speak for myself and do not work for Excalibur.
They have not ordered any Flemish strings and at this point I have to guess that they have no intentions. I won't mention who said this but there is someone in the archery business that things endless loop strings are stronger or that Flemish are no stronger.
I have never seen a Flemish string break at the loops and I believe because of all the twists they are easier on the limbs. Both types of strings are being tested at BCY at this moment.
I have not offered any strings because I would rather have a bow to model the string. Big John has 355 so I might shoot him a trial string.
Did you want a trial string?

Boo, I have in my possession a Matrix 380-would love to trial a string for you. Do not have a chrony-not sure if this would be a requirement. Thanks.
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Under "accessories" - "strings and silencers" there is a Matrix string listed #1992 made of BCY Dynaflight 97 with a high performance center serving.They sure dont list a Flemish.
secret

Post by secret »

If Excalibur does not offer a Flemish string, Buy installing one void your warranty ?
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

secret wrote:If Excalibur does not offer a Flemish string, Buy installing one void your warranty ?
Yup i spect it would do that!
Half Bubble Off BD360

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I'll be honest wid y'all, if'en they only say the Endless loop D97 is it on warranty. Then ownin & shootin the Matrix will get abit costly fer me. I shoot 1000 to 2000 shots a yr. Those endloops will be worn out in 300 shots. I deleted part of this post & the newer EL strings are much improved over the older one's i used 5 yrs ago.
Last edited by vixenmaster on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

secret

Post by secret »

That really chomps!!! Thats almost .07 cents a shot........just might not click "Buy" now. Thanks
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I also deleted much of this post as i mayhave given poor info on the much newer EL strings. My use n findings were of EL strings of 5 yrs & older
Last edited by vixenmaster on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360