Hurry Up... and... WAIT!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Hurry Up... and... WAIT!

Post by IronNoggin »

So, my Missuz wandered down to her store a tad early today, checking to ensure the order for my new Matrix had gone through amongst her "duties" before opening the doors. Had a friendly chat with the fellow in charge of Canadian distribution which basically ended up with her being informed "We are currently out of stock. Likely looking at some time in February before we can get it out to you". Of course she agreed, then opened the store and came home to deliver the news personally.

My reaction: OUCH! :shock:

Kinda knew this new release was receiving a fair amount of interest out there, but had no idea just how much of that there was obviously! Must be some kind of record to sell out ALL that were on hand within a week! Can't help thinking that if only a couple of you out there had held off for a day or two... :lol:

And now, the ExoMax has already been sold, as has a couple of other toys to provide the required financing. The steelhead in our local flow for whatever reason have decided to take their bloody time in making an appearance this winter (as in NADA in the system thus far), and of course our hunting seasons are now well past. KeRist! No Obvious Escape! She Who Rules is of course smiling madly as She drafts up Her latest version of what my time should now shift major focuses to, as I desperately cast around for something... anything to do as an alternative to the Dreaded To-Do List...

Still have a bunch of coho (vacuum-sealed) and a handful of tuna awaiting smoking. That's a decent start. Then a pig to pick up, dispatch, skin, halve and hang prior to rendering him and a decent amount of venison from the ExoMax's exploits this fall into sausage. So that's another activity that at least sparks some "interest" on my part. But even with those, that will eat up but a couple of weeks... One can only Hope the steelhead show up by then...

Man, I was pacing already! From here, February seems to be YEAR'S away! More pacing obviously coming. Already stared at the various reports and of course the ad for the Matrix until my eyes want to bleed! Checking the Forum for reports from those Lucky enough to already have their new toys in hand only seems to accent the point that I am banished to the Penalty Box for at least another month... But it does help... a little anyway, so please keep those reports rolling in! Living Vicariously appears to be the order of the day for the next several weeks...

Patience they say is a Virtue. Guess I have few of those, as this next month is certainly going to be a LONG One!

Pacing once again... :(
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
JT of PA

Re: Hurry Up... and... WAIT!

Post by JT of PA »

Nog,

We can feel your pain through the computer ... :(

Just imagine how great you'll feel when its finally in your hands?

YOU CAN DO IT !!!! :D

Hang in there.

All the best.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

JT of PA wrote:Just imagine how great you'll feel when its finally in your hands?
Oh I am Imagining alright! :mrgreen:
YOU CAN DO IT !!!! :D

Hang in there.
Thanks JT, I'm tryin'...

Still going to be a loooong want. Trying to stay out of the Missuz' crosshairs in the meantime will be damn near as hard as the wait though methinks... :lol:

Cheers,
Nog - The Impatient
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

I feel your pain. It took me 8 days to get mine shipped from our northern neighbor-I could hardly wait that long. It helps to keep looking at the pics-trust me, it is gonna be worth your wait. She is a beauty.
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Ohhh dear!! You truly are in a predicament my friend! I hope your new bow shows up sooner than later. Until then....happy pacing. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
derf

Post by derf »

hey nog, as your pace'n remember to breatheeee!! lol lol. still keeping the ibex. ( i think) . but smell'n matrix in the future. derf
maple

Post by maple »

That's a shame Iron.......I've been trying to think of some diversional activities for you to pass the time, and come up with.....drinkin', hibernation, snowboarding, road trip, workin', wenching, building, and charity work. From my experience, numbers 3 and 4 aren't bad, but my mind keeps asking, aren't there any salmon in the inside passage?

Maple
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

shucks you are probably lucky if you get it then lol I suspect there will be many that don't get it until much later than that
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

I too have to wait till February 4th and the Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA, USA. Excalibur will have a booth there this year and it will be the first chance I have to see and hopefully hold a Matrix.

Your right ... waiting is a HARD thing to do. :lol:
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Thanks Folks! Truly love the Support Group around here! :lol:
maple wrote:... aren't there any salmon in the inside passage?
Inside passage would be a bit of a hop for me, Port's on the West side of The Rock. And, yes, we do have feeder springs (Kings for y'all south of the line) in decent numbers in our waters. However as I guide for salmon & halibut through the summer (read: WARM!) and see loads of Biggies each year, I don't have much interest in "chasing babies" when it is downright Freezing out there on the Big Pond. Usually Hard into the chase for steel by now, but they are taking their bloody time in showing this year!!
pinshooter wrote:shucks you are probably lucky if you get it then lol I suspect there will be many that don't get it until much later than that
Oh Man! DON'T even Whisper such a thing!! A month is Painful Enough! Can't even imagine the Anguish that would develop were the shipment to be delayed!! :cry:
JT of PA wrote:Your right ... waiting is a HARD thing to do. :lol:

aYup! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog