tac-pac hand grip on a matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

blueflame

tac-pac hand grip on a matrix

Post by blueflame »

TAC-PAC Kit
this multi-position hand grip interests me, i want one to reduce the risk of digit injury to my family and myself but cant decide if its an awkard way to hold the matrix as i have never held a rifle or crossbow with that attachment, i dont have the luxury of being able to test one and it would be a matter of buying it online or not , i seen the matrix video with one on and it looks cool but not sure if its akward to use. any one have a matrix with one on :?:
taz3

Re: tac-pac hand grip on a matrix

Post by taz3 »

I did some research about a year ago and came to the conclusion, that most digit injuries were not during hunting, but rather during tuning or repairs (not all, but most). The new 380 Matrix has addressed this problem 2 ways, 1st they put an anti dry fire system on it (The Guardian) and 2nd they have added wing type extensions on the fore grip, making it even more awkward to have a digit above the rail. This is not to say the Tac Pac will not benefit the comfort, but I think the 2 recent changes are more beneficial then the Tac Pac.

Hopefully this offers some insight for you.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I put one on my Nox and it was nice for target shooting but awkward when hunting
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I got one on my Vortex and love it. I do not want to shoot the bow off hand without it. Lets you pull the bow into your shoulder for a nice steady shot. Folds into riser for easy cocking.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
blueflame

Post by blueflame »

Bring able to pull into the shoulder for a steady shot, I like that :)