UPS rips me off again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kd8jgu

UPS rips me off again

Post by kd8jgu »

Have a package that has left the sam facility twice within 12hrs to turn around and be held do to hazardous conditions.
Call UPS to be told they do not know if it will be delivered and they don't care I paid for 3 day service.
UPSMAN nothing against you if is the company you work for.
May my aim be true and my arrow fly straight

Micro 335 (Porky's Piglet)
Deerboyarchery Flemish tricolor string
Black Eagle Zombies
100 grain Stinger BH

Vortex Hogette
Vixenmaster string
Firebolts
150 grain Stinger BH
excalibrett

Re: UPS rips me off again

Post by excalibrett »

I sure hope this isn't the package I have been waiting for
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
secret

Post by secret »

You have the worst luck with UPS. These people must be "super Lazy" near you.Maybee UPS should get a 4 wheel drive brown truck.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I feel your pain, my friend. Sorry for the inconvenience. Can't speak for my Ohio brothers but I'm sure the snow and sleet make for some hazardous delivery conditions. On my rural delivery route, the only real service related issue for me is our heavy summer rain. I have places that the big brown truck just won't go. My company gets a really bad attitude when a driver calls in and needs a tow truck. The tow company that we contract with charges us 400 dollars every time they come out. Our bosses charge us with an accident if we get stuck and need to have a tow truck called to get us out. They tell us to not deliver the parcel and to record it under emergency road conditions if we feel that we can't get to the delivery point. I have been on the same area for most of my 29 years and know most of my customers personally. My cell phone is full of customer phone numbers. I go to extreme measures to keep most of my customers happy.(I do have a few pain in the ass customers that don't qualify for extreme measures :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I have left parcels at neighbors, relatives,restaurants, and many other places, just so my customer could get his parcel. With all that said, I must confess, we do occasionally F up. All the delivery companies do, it's just a hazard of the job. I ordered something the other day that was shipped USPS express mail. When it didn't arrive on time, I tracked it only to find that it went from California to Alaska. Not exactly the most economical route to Florida, in my opinion. I did finally get it. Wasn't a happy camper either, but the world didn't end and I got my stuff in the end. Sure hope my buddies get you your stuff by Monday. (Especially if it's that new Matrix 380 :lol: :lol: )
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Double post :oops: .
Last edited by Bullzeye on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I think what upsets me the most is.
It scaned that it departed facility at 8:16pm Thursday when it was clear skys to turn around scand 6:05 am Friday departing same facility.
How can it depart same facility twice.
Then when I called to ask I was told how cares you will get when you get it.

Black Eagle Zombies
100 grain Stinger BH

Vortex Hogette
Vixenmaster string
Firebolts
150 grain Stinger BH
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I've had my finger in the logistics pie for over 25yrs and there is an unlimited amount of reasons why you did not get your package, but most of the time it has nothing to do with the driver.
This time of year all couriers and regular transports are backed up due to the increase volume of work before Christmas and less time to do the job because of holiday shut down time. Many times on a busy day what happens is your parcel may be scheduled for delivery but the drivers dispatch has scheduled too many pick ups the same day and instructs its drivers to stop all deliveries and concentrate only on pick ups.
This is where the transport companies get greedy because if they miss a pick up they loose money, whereas if they miss a delivery its already paid for, so pick up's take priority over your already paid delivery.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
kd8jgu

Post by kd8jgu »

I have nothing against the drivers these poor people get the blunt end of it.
The people who should answer and understand custumer care are hiding on the other end of phone lines.
What is getting me is why can't one of these people just say we screwed up instead of you will get it when it gets there.
Has custumer care and custumer satisfaction lost its place in business in the corp. office place.
UPSMan I have the highest respect for you and your fellow drivers out there.

Black Eagle Zombies
100 grain Stinger BH

Vortex Hogette
Vixenmaster string
Firebolts
150 grain Stinger BH
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

With so much competition its all about bottom line, everyone is trying to undercut their competitors which is why in the last five years many companies have either gone down the toilet or have been swallowed by larger companies with more money , also keep in mind the people on the phone have no control over day to day operations, it's the dispatchers who make the decisions.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Bullzeye wrote:I've had my finger in the logistics pie for over 25yrs and there is an unlimited amount of reasons why you did not get your package, but most of the time it has nothing to do with the driver.
This time of year all couriers and regular transports are backed up due to the increase volume of work before Christmas and less time to do the job because of holiday shut down time. Many times on a busy day what happens is your parcel may be scheduled for delivery but the drivers dispatch has scheduled too many pick ups the same day and instructs its drivers to stop all deliveries and concentrate only on pick ups.
This is where the transport companies get greedy because if they miss a pick up they loose money, whereas if they miss a delivery its already paid for, so pick up's take priority over your already paid delivery.

Yep, bout covers it!
My Big Brown truck driver aka the "Throw an Go Guy", delivers in snow or ice or flash flood, he's my hero :mrgreen:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

its gotta be a scam to get more ship fees. i had a recent order returned do to storm related conditions. why did UPS ship it all the way back to the sender? why cant it sit at the main hub center for a day if thats the case?
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

foofoo wrote:its gotta be a scam to get more ship fees. i had a recent order returned do to storm related conditions. why did UPS ship it all the way back to the sender? why cant it sit at the main hub center for a day if thats the case?

I would think that was a total snafu by UPS , unless it was returned due to an incorrect address, or if they attempted to deliver it a few time( 3 times I think) and no one was there, though they should have left a note( I think. ), then it goes back to the depot for couple days and if no one calls for it it goes back to sender.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

KD8JGU,
To answer your previous post- yes customer care & satisfaction has gone to hell. Several years ago UPS replaced almost all of its customer service employees with non-UPS call center staff. We (the union employees) raised hell but to no avail. These call-center people will tell you anything you want to hear just to get you off the phone. A lot of what BULLZEYE posted is right on the money, as to what happens on a day to day schedule. We (the driver) hate a lot of the crap that goes on but you know what they say about doo-doo rolling down hill. The driver is at the bottom of that hill and we work as instructed by our all knowing supervisors. We drivers have a saying, "if you can't hack it as a driver, go into management."As for FOO FOO'S issue about having her parcel returned to the shipper. We most likely screwed that one up but it's just not possible to know for sure without all the details. I will say that if bad weather(such as Hurricane Sandy) affects a large area, we will return most of the parcels for that area. Most UPS facilities are not designed to store parcels. Parcels come into a UPS warehouse in a semi trailer. The trailer gets unloaded early in the morning and the parcels go into the brown trucks to get delivered. At night, the reverse happens. The brown trucks bring all the daily pickup volume back to warehouse and it gets loaded into the trailer and it leaves to go to one of our hubs.So, to get to my point. Our warehouses aren't designed to hold and store large numbers of parcels.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
secret

Post by secret »

Did you get your package yet? Or are they still giving you the run around? I wonder what the ups guys in Alaska would say about your weather problems?
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i use to ship ups quite a bit. they have better tracking than the post office and the first 100$ coverage is free. the fees have gone through the roof last few years. buying insurance is a joke also. the burden is so heavy on the customer to show proof it was packed properly. i bet they almost never pay out on a claim even if they pack it for you. in my case the package went back to the vendor and he wasnt happy. they never made 3 attempts. i bet UPS made mint on shipping stuff back from hurricane Sandy and having the vendors re-ship.my regular driver just retired. they should have payed him double to stay. he was great.