New Visitors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

New Visitors

Post by taz3 »

Woke up this morning looking out the back yard into a farmers field and for the first time see about 9 turkeys a few 100 yards out strutting around. :D I usually take my dog out in the field for a walk and check for deer, rabbit or coyote tracks, every now and then we find them, but this is the first time for seeing turkey. I got some pics, but they were too far to make them out.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
joe171

Re: New Visitors

Post by joe171 »

OK Taz quit bragging deer yotes turkeys rabbits I`m sooo envious :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe171
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

9 turkeys ... something I wish I could have seen. Good for you and hopefully, one day, some of the turkeys will wind up on your wall and table. All the best.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Here's the pic of the hens, you may be able to make them out, right in the center in front of the brush. The deer tracks, I just recently figured out that's what they are. :oops: I usually found them days after they were made in the snow, so it was hard to tell what they actually were, until I began paying more attention to my dogs tracks in deep snow. The deer have a clean print and don't drag their hooves, they go straight up and down in the snow. They're not overly common to see though, I see more yote tracks and their fur on the barbed wire fence, we hear them at night howling too.

Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice! It's always nice to see the local wildlife when we're out and about. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Taz enjoy the Turkeys because when they multiply to 40 and 50 in a group they become annoying and eat everything up in the woods and you can't run them off the feeders during deer season. We are allowed 2 gobblers and no hens so they multiply pretty fast here.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Hester0305 wrote:Taz enjoy the Turkeys because when they multiply to 40 and 50 in a group they become annoying and eat everything up in the woods and you can't run them off the feeders during deer season. We are allowed 2 gobblers and no hens so they multiply pretty fast here.
It seems the last year or so the population has increased dramatically where I am. We're allowed 2 in the spring and 1 in the fall, I would rather have more deer this close though, but I'm not going to complain! :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting