Technology marches on at 2013 ATA ... =)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

Technology marches on at 2013 ATA ... =)

Post by JT of PA »

A few things I never knew I needed ..... :roll:

Ravage Nocks
-- Now you can kill the deer on the way out as well as the way in :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFCJM-jlX8

Slice A Life - The Deceiver
-- Reminds me of the children's toy ... "The sheep says BAAAH"
-- Now its, "The bow says BAAAH" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0pUvMBrduw

Rac Em Bac
-- If you need to combine rifle and archery season into one shot :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd4X9naO_04

Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agingcrossbower

Re: Technology marches on .... 2013 ATA ... =)

Post by agingcrossbower »

Think we are getting away from Archery here. A bullet at the instead of a broadhead??? Just my thoughts.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

wow.. okay, an honest review of all these products from an ordinary joe archer like myself, GIMMICKY... first product, the nock broadhead thingy, why???? if you are hitting an animal with a clean, ethical vital shot, then your broadhead is by all means efficient enough to do the job so why the need for this item? to me, it's way too much work and hassle... more parts means more things could go wrong and injure your game rather than ethically kill it...
2nd item, the deceiver, come on are you kidding me?? that is a horrible design and horrible concept... if you listen to the video, the deceiver actually sounds off AFTER the sound of the bow.. plus, if you consider that an animal was just shot, it's natural instinct is to run, not necessarily from the noise, but the impact of the bolt/arrow.. sure , you can sometimes stop or slow a deer by grunting or bleet calling after a shot, but if it will work immediately after the shot, i am not sure.. again , this is just another gimmick to me...
and last, the shot heads, gimme a break.. sure, i guess if you like the idea of archery shooting but the explosive finish of a firearm, i guess.. but why??? the whole attraction of archery hunting is the stalk, the drawing of the animal to such a close distance which is the challenge, the draw, the shot and the track of the animal.. to me, if i want an explosive end with a loud bang, i would gun hunt, period.. i don't know, in some applications it may help or be useful, but again this will likely be shrouded with multiple grey areas in terms of hunting laws and regulations, open seasons for certain firearms / broadhead/shot size confinements.. again, gimmicky...

to me, myself ( i can't speak for anyone else's preference of course), i wouldn't waste a single red cent on any single one of these items.. we, today, seem to be so captivated by technology that we are so quick to jump to all these gimmicks and toys coming out today.. to me, it takes away from the true adventure of archery hunting... what is wrong with just sitting in the stand with a crossbow, binoculars and a few basic calls??
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
excalibrett

Post by excalibrett »

It is ideas like this that really get the anti hunters chirping. Especially the shotshell head. If you watch it, the arrow does not even penetrate. Not afraid to say-the only people that would use such a gimmick should not actually call themselves hunters. Just my own 2 cents. :D
Excal Matrix 380
Leupold VX1 2-7x32
Black Eagles
Boo Strings
custom Munchmount

Strykezone 380
Hawke xb30
Black Eagles

Darton Lightning
Hawke xb30
Gold Tip Laser IVs
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

Well these are just silly lol
2012 Equinox
Shadow Zone w/ flip up scope covers
Fire Bolts w/ Blazer vanes
G5 Montecs
G5 SGH
S5 String Dampeners
Tac-pac
strum

Post by strum »

i didnt like any of those either but the one thing i saw was a torque eleminator for vertical bows..that looked interesting..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

All are silly
but they will make their short tirm money and move on to the next idea
Tenpoint Matrix
Pegasus

Re: Technology marches on at 2013 ATA ... =)

Post by Pegasus »

X2 on the torque eliminator, I think its neat haven't shot vert bows allot but I can see how it would help getting 2 points of contact
2012 Equinox
Shadow Zone w/ flip up scope covers
Fire Bolts w/ Blazer vanes
G5 Montecs
G5 SGH
S5 String Dampeners
Tac-pac