Bitzen fletcher and Blazer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Three Bears

Bitzen fletcher and Blazer?

Post by Three Bears »

Starting to fletch some XX75 2219 arrows for my Equinox. Have a Bitzen fletcher right Hel. and 2" Blazers anyone using this - how do your arrows perform? Do I need to put weighted inserts on these? Have 125 gr Slicks. Thanks
Masboy

Re: Bitzen fletcher and Blazer?

Post by Masboy »

the bitz works good but don,t put a lot of helix on them so I put as much offset as I could get on them and still set nice an flat on the shaft. they shot great I use brass inserts in all my arrows an get great broadhead flight with slicktricks.but now use the Arizona bolt Fletcher an works great on the blazers an puts lots of helix on them an shoot great.
Three Bears

Post by Three Bears »

Masboy - thanks for the response. Will start cutting down my arrows/shafts that I have from pre carbon days with the vertical. Making these up for pig hunting here in Louisiana.
secret

Post by secret »

heres a blitz and blazerImage
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used the Blitz with blazers has worked well . I am now using the Arizona EZ Bolt lots of helical and much faster .
Three Bears

Post by Three Bears »

Thanks guys
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I use the blitz for 2" blazers. What is the difference between a offset and a helix?
Does the top dial do the offset and the bottom helix?
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

A helix is a twist on the vane that makes them look like boat propellers looking from the rear. offset is just sitting the vane on an angle sideways. I can,t tell much difference in shooting with both. but helix seems to give better broadhead flight for me. i think the rear adjustment just centers the vane on the shaft size. I play with both and just make sure the vane sits on the shaft with full contact.
Three Bears

Post by Three Bears »

Validated Bitz and Blaz work. Since I got my Equinox Christmas I have been going through the "storage" areas relocating my 2219 xx75 orange and xx75 gamegetter arrows and shafts(my son has compound). Have had these pre carbon arrows that I used with my vertical. How long has that been? Long enough for the feathers and vanes to have deteriorated. Cut off "fletched/nock end, glued 2" Blazers, put inerts in both ends and tested. Setting in a lawn chair, shooting off my knees(need to find a "used" stock extension") was able to hit = 22yds on 1.5" tape squares then 34 yds same thing. Unreal !!!!!! Thanks for the encouragement...
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I did the same thing for my first aluminum arrows . found a bunch of old 2114 super slams my son had in the shop an cut them down an put blazers,110gr brass inserts then fletched on my bitz an one of the most accurate I have shot in my vortex . and still shooting some of them today. ( my favorite arrow !!!!)