thoughts on different bolt set up.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

derf

thoughts on different bolt set up.

Post by derf »

was wandering about changeing up my crossbow bolt set up for my vixen. was wandering about useing 16'' bolts , with 2'' blasers, alluminum and carbon. but trying to stay around the 380 - 400 gr mark. any thoughts on accuracy and effectiveness. won't be shooting over 30yrds. regards derf
Masboy

Re: thoughts on different bolt set up.

Post by Masboy »

just cut my 2114 down to 16 inch and they have blazers,110gr brass inserts,125gr tips an weigh 430 gr. an 405 with 100gr . can,t tell any difference out of my vixen hunting set up for accuracy an fly like darts. nice to have a short quiver of arrows that do not stick out over the end of the bow.I shoot expandables from mine and don,t know how big of fixed blade will fit in the grove in the front?
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Masboy wrote:...and don,t know how big of fixed blade will fit in the grove in the front?
If shooting fixed blades, anything under 1 1/4" will fit the riser cut-out. My 1 1/8" Tricks tuck in nicely.
Big John

Post by Big John »

I have found 16" arrows to fly just fine. As long as they have the proper FOC to compensate. And as stated they do fit nice in your quiver. :wink:

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]