As a woman, could I span the Matrix 380?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IH8ATTN

Re: As a woman, could I span the Matrix 380?

Post by IH8ATTN »

Okay if this makes you feel any better I just got my wife to try it out with my Equinox. She is 5'5 average build and doesn't work out if her life depended on it and after I showed her once she did it. With your build and somewhat of athletic stature I am sure you will have no problems with the Matrix 380. Your basically going to be cocking it once (your just hunting right?) and hopefully that will be it for the day and decocking it (unless you get one). I'd say go for it you shouldn't have any worries, just my 2 cents.
blueflame

Post by blueflame »

Bah ! I would be worried if I couldn't pull that string back with one hand and I will film it if I get the dam thing.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Welcome to the forum and im looking forward to your video.
Pictures work to :wink:
blueflame

Post by blueflame »

onebigskittle wrote:Welcome to the forum and im looking forward to your video.
Pictures work to :wink:
X2
Calcobrena

Post by Calcobrena »

Thanks thanks and thanks and thanks. I got a taste of what 130 lbs actually is at my school's gym and I think it will be OK especially after all the positive remarks here. I'm now researching what I'm going to do for broadheads and arrows before ordering but I feel pretty confident about the 380. :)
--Ami

Matrix 380 Xtra ; )
Slick Trick STX150 Xbow Trick 150 Grain on Diablo 18" Carbon Bolts
Nikon Archer's Choice MAX Rangefinder
Ameristep "Sisterhood" Ground Blind
DSD Upright Hen
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Calcobrena wrote:Thanks thanks and thanks and thanks. I got a taste of what 130 lbs actually is at my school's gym and I think it will be OK especially after all the positive remarks here. I'm now researching what I'm going to do for broadheads and arrows before ordering but I feel pretty confident about the 380. :)

I was able to speak with a sales staff person who tried the 380 a few times and according to him it pulls like the Ibex (175 lb. limbs).

Proof is in the pudding. It seems, from your posts, you should be able to pull this crossbow. My wife was able to pull an Exocet with a bit of effort the first time. Subsequent tries she had the smoothness down but would rather pull our Ibex, (as do I.) :D

If you don't mind, let us know when Matrixes are in your neck of the woods. The guys at my store have my phone number taped to their desk with this note, "Must call John as soon as we get a Matrix in stock!" :lol:

All the best.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

You shouldn't have an issue with cocking the Matrix. I have shot archery for over 30 years so please understand you can't compete with firearms when it comes to distance, even with a fast shooting Matrix you need to limit your shots at deer at 40 yards and under even for expert shots. Bullets are usually traveling at 2800-3200 fps depending on the rifle being used so the noise of the weapon isn't an issue. When shooting bows and crossbows the noise is only one factor when shooting at deer. When you stretch your shots beyond 40 yards the deer have a better chance at getting out of the way of the arrow because the noise from the crossbow and the arrow.

For example I can shoot very good groups out to 50 yards just about everyday but I limit my shots at deer to 40 yards and under. The majority of deer hunters that consistantly kill deer each and every year with their bows an crossbows keep their shots to 40 yards and under and even some limit their shots to 30 yards and under.

This only advice so you can take it or leave but please take distance into consideration.

Good luck on your quest for a new Matrix I may have to buy one myself pretty soon.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Hester0305 wrote: Good luck on your quest for a new Matrix I may have to buy one myself pretty soon.

Hester, I too am finding the Matrix harder and harder to resist. I think I'll be done in when I finally get to hold one. :)