Crossbownation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woodspike

Re: Crossbownation

Post by Woodspike »

vixenmaster wrote:
wheelie wrote:Thanks buddy, most call me unstable or worse! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I knowed what cha mean, my Pa called me half a bubble cause he said i were abit off wid me deck of cards
Here I thought I was the only one...
I knew there was a reason I gravitate to this forum. :shock:
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

AH, cabin fever. Here kitty, kitty, KITTY! :lol: :lol: :lol:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
agingcrossbower wrote:AH, cabin fever. Here kitty, kitty, KITTY! :lol: :lol: :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
TBrom

Post by TBrom »

Tim50 wrote:I guess that's why you will not see any "bad" reviews on some of the new "Crossbow Magazines"! A sponsor drops off a few bows to be reviewed! The bow gets a glowing review! The sponsor now decides to advertise insaid mag! One hand washes the other! Why would ANY magazine trash ANY equipment? Every bow, arrow, broadhead, string that comes in the door is surrounded by dollar signs IF it is handled correctly. Let the buyer beware!!!
I call BS on this one,Tim. We're the newest "Crossbow Magazine" and the only "standing orders" my staff has is to tell the truth about products 100% of the time. Even if it cost us advertisers. You know who they are and you can contact them yourself. I can get free bows and equipment any time that I want. I don't need to kiss anyone's butt to do it. You ask; "Why would ANY magazine trash Any equipment?" How about because MY name's on it, and that means something to ME!

You also know the stance we took on boycotting the Eastern Outdoor Show. I even put my money where my mouth was and offered free advertising space for those who pulled out. Is that fair to my paying sponsors? NO! Is it the right thing to do? YES! Excalibur has never advertised with CBM, but their banner's now flying on the CBM forum because they pulled out. We're ALL in this together.

The CBM forum is also wide open. It's pretty dead, lol. But anything crossbow's goes. We even give free bows away to people who visit very rarely or maybe only once. We've busted our tails for two years and I take the cheap shots personal when I'm the one that's been laying the ground work and doing the work. And I certainly don't run the business like CN.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Todd...I applaude what you did for the boycott! You are to be commended!! As for the reviews I will stand by my opinion! What's that old adage about protesting too much?
strum

Post by strum »

TBrom wrote:
Tim50 wrote:I guess that's why you will not see any "bad" reviews on some of the new "Crossbow Magazines"! A sponsor drops off a few bows to be reviewed! The bow gets a glowing review! The sponsor now decides to advertise insaid mag! One hand washes the other! Why would ANY magazine trash ANY equipment? Every bow, arrow, broadhead, string that comes in the door is surrounded by dollar signs IF it is handled correctly. Let the buyer beware!!!
I call BS on this one,Tim. We're the newest "Crossbow Magazine" and the only "standing orders" my staff has is to tell the truth about products 100% of the time. Even if it cost us advertisers. You know who they are and you can contact them yourself. I can get free bows and equipment any time that I want. I don't need to kiss anyone's butt to do it. You ask; "Why would ANY magazine trash Any equipment?" How about because MY name's on it, and that means something to ME!

You also know the stance we took on boycotting the Eastern Outdoor Show. I even put my money where my mouth was and offered free advertising space for those who pulled out. Is that fair to my paying sponsors? NO! Is it the right thing to do? YES! Excalibur has never advertised with CBM, but their banner's now flying on the CBM forum because they pulled out. We're ALL in this together.

The CBM forum is also wide open. It's pretty dead, lol. But anything crossbow's goes. We even give free bows away to people who visit very rarely or maybe only once. We've busted our tails for two years and I take the cheap shots personal when I'm the one that's been laying the ground work and doing the work. And I certainly don't run the business like CN.
I dont know this forum you speaking of but i will be checking it out.
thanks for filling us in and a big thank you for the boycott.. :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I WAS ALSO UNAWARE OF SAID FORUM BUT WILL BE LOOKING FOR IT. WHOOPS CAPS ON. TOO LAZY TO DELETE AND START OVER. DANG IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FASTER THAN JUST TYPING THIS EXPLANATION.

....WHAT?

:shock:

ive been a member of CBNation for years and racked up a grand total of maybe 20 posts, but its not as fun as this place.
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I can attest to Tbrom's statement as 100% true. I am on his staff and those are our exact directions. I know for a fact our collective reviews have cost Todd advertisers and thus money more than once.
I commend him for his integrity and am proud to be in his employ!
In the Wind.......
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I subscribe to CBM and its a very good magazine for sure. They do a great job.
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

Never mentioned ANY mag in particular! But if employee's of this mag say its so I guess it must be! They are entitled to their opinions as I am mine! These mags do serve a purpose. In the outhouse at deer camp!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Tim50 wrote:Never mentioned ANY mag in particular! But if employee's of this mag say its so I guess it must be! They are entitled to their opinions as I am mine! These mags do serve a purpose. In the outhouse at deer camp!
I hear what you are saying but.....What good is slamming a product going to help serve anyone. You can say things nicely and still relay a message that you choose to. What one person loves, another one hates. I personally would not support a product I don't believe in. Word of mouth is big and more people rely on that than anything else.
I own a mechanical company and everything I sell goes into my house first to test. What good would it do me to promote a product and then put it in someone elses home then they have nothing but trouble. That would just make me look unprofessional. Same idea
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

There is a way to state the obvious point out the good as well as the bad. Be objective. But being objective may not bring in the sponsors. I did NOT single out ANY publication! I was talking in general....If the mag is NOT on the newsstand I will not see it! Todd's mag is subscripion only! Todd felt I was "picking" on his publication. Never saw an issue & I do not plan on it either.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Tim50 wrote: I did NOT single out ANY publication! I was talking in general.
Yes I know that. I was just babbling to hear myself talk. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

wheelie wrote:
Tim50 wrote: I did NOT single out ANY publication! I was talking in general.
Yes I know that. I was just babbling to hear myself talk. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some time that's the BEST conversation!!! :lol:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I really like cbm I am on there forum too nice guys there
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.