Crossbownation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: Crossbownation

Post by agingcrossbower »

wheelie wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:On Cbn the site is supported by sponsers. If your not one then they stop you because its only fair to those that pay to advertize their goods. If they did'nt do that they would lose them and that would be the end of the site. Its just the way the world turns.
Oh I guess Middleton has more money than brains if that is the case. :roll:

But I do get where you are coming from. Otherwise you would get hounded going back their. :lol:
Was that you following me Wheelie. :lol: :lol: :lol: Your not going to put a hex on me or is it Voo Doo. :shock:
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Mo wannabe wrote:Don't think I need any info on cbn, but what is this at u guys talk about ?
ArcheryTalk.com
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Also at cbn you cannot post a link to another archery or crossbow forum.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
agingcrossbower

Ont_Excal wrote:Also at cbn you cannot post a link to another archery or crossbow forum.
Boy, you got that right. And, it will be taken care of fast. Good point.
ngamokai

Post by ngamokai »

just had a post removed form there for introducing myself and letting people know I am interested in starting a business helping people there find a hunting tour based on their budget, I emailed the main guy and he sent me this.

"It is a business. How could you not notice all of the other banner ads on the site. Those are all paying advertisers. If I let people come here and post ads for free, It would not be fair to them. I will email the rates if you like?"

so its not really a site to go to share ALL, it is a commercial setup.
hes sending me the rates for it ...
Dream as if you'll live for ever, Live as if you'll die today!
http://www.bowandfishnz.com
KATIPO matrix 380 blackout
ngamokai

Post by ngamokai »

ngamokai wrote:just had a post removed form there for introducing myself and letting people know I am interested in starting a business helping people there find a hunting tour based on their budget, I emailed the main guy and he sent me this.

"It is a business. How could you not notice all of the other banner ads on the site. Those are all paying advertisers. If I let people come here and post ads for free, It would not be fair to them. I will email the rates if you like?"

HA here you go :
Price:from 200 a month $600.00 per 6 months or $1,000.00 for 12 months,

interesting,
Dream as if you'll live for ever, Live as if you'll die today!
http://www.bowandfishnz.com
KATIPO matrix 380 blackout
agingcrossbower

ngamokai wrote:
ngamokai wrote:just had a post removed form there for introducing myself and letting people know I am interested in starting a business helping people there find a hunting tour based on their budget, I emailed the main guy and he sent me this.

HA here you go :

interesting,
Yup, I ran head long into that to. To be fair, it takes money to run a website and once they start taking in money they can't let anyone in unless they pay. Its the nature of the beast.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: time to take the beast down!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

ngamokai wrote:

HA here you go :

interesting,
Hahaha they will love you now for posting the prices. Thats pretty expensive. Even more money than I thought it would be. Who the hell can afford that these days if you own a small bussiness.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup specialized shut me down on my 1st post in the market place on my strings. Told me i must pay fer ad space on the Site. $1000 a yr is more than my SS ck fer a month. So i don't do no business on the Forum there
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

The site has evolved! It used to be a site to talk and there was not the pronounced "good old boy network" that I have seen at AT. This has all changed! CN deleted many posts about the boycott at a recent Outdoor Show here in Pennsylvania. They did not want people bashing the vendors who did not boycott, They have become VERY heavy handed. Their original Tee shirt design had one sponsors bow on the back! How about the other sponsors! (They did change the picture a bit on the final shirt!) I guess we have to understand it is a business. AT & this forum are supported by a manufacturer. CN has to have sponsors to survive! Once the content of the forum becomes influnced by "sponsors" questions by the average hunter are lost! Once responses are deleted or edited to apiese sponsors the very basis of the forum is lost! Answers must now meet a "sponsor" criterion rather than honest opinions from the average hunter! Once a site has sacred cows be it manufactures or members its objectivity is lost! I have been on CN since the very begining and I am very disappointed and saddened by the recent turn of events there. I am still there but will really pick & choose my posts wisely on going! I guess everything must change at some point!.....I just have to remember it's now a business.......
Boo

Post by Boo »

Tim, I guess you are talking about censorship. If you are, I agree wholeheartedly. Once censorship becomes deeply rooted and controlled by sponsorship money you can no longer take things at face value. You then have to question the whole thread. And to think that Fiddlton went onto the Excalibur website and said this about our forum;
MiddletonDTM375

Members
147 posts
Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:27 AM
The level of truth you will get on forums is greater here on Crossbow Nation and on other public forums than it is on a corporate forum. They can control what is viewed and not. I could contribute some video displaying inconstancies but I would only do this if it were wanted in this section. What does Jeeptag have to gain by making this up.

Can you guys believe that?? Man not only do his bows smell like crap but what he's alowed to say is utter crap!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

It's a shame that this has to happen. It all boils down to the all mighty dollar. At times its hard to tell the truth from what they want you to hear.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

I guess that's why you will not see any "bad" reviews on some of the new "Crossbow Magazines"! A sponsor drops off a few bows to be reviewed! The bow gets a glowing review! The sponsor now decides to advertise insaid mag! One hand washes the other! Why would ANY magazine trash ANY equipment? Every bow, arrow, broadhead, string that comes in the door is surrounded by dollar signs IF it is handled correctly. Let the buyer beware!!!
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Everything has a bright side! just think you might be a reject on CN but then you can come on this site an be a hero ! I think that,s pretty good :D :D :D