Release From Reeds Exhibitions -EOSS Postponed!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BowmanPa

Re: Release From Reeds Exhibitions -EOSS Postponed!

Post by BowmanPa »

Our Voices were heard on the Gun Ban. :D :D :D
I wonder if they are going to have it later or not.
BowmanPa
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Score one for the good guys!
"Eze 18:21"
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."

The reason that folks canceled is because EOSS did NOT have the balls to stand up to the political pressure of the gun control nuts!
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
BowmanPa

Post by BowmanPa »

Deerstalker wrote:“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."

The reason that folks canceled is because EOSS did NOT have the balls to stand up to the political pressure of the gun control nuts!

Amen!!!!
BowmanPa
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

I wonder "if" and "how" this will be reported on the national scene.

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

They/he still doesn't. Yer talkin about a very very rich man from England that owns this Promotion Company. He doesn't care if'en the show takes place or not. Read the drivel he is spewin. Postponed get real, send him packin cross the big pond where him & his followers belong. I never in my lifetime attend any show he ever Promotes!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

vixenmaster wrote:Read the drivel he is spewin.
I agree . . ."celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage" . . .

Really?? So, he thought he could cut off the little toe and the foot would still be fine. I think NOT!

Fight one, fight us all.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

sumner4991 wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:Read the drivel he is spewin.
I agree . . ."celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage" . . .

Really?? So, he thought he could cut off the little toe and the foot would still be fine. I think NOT!

Fight one, fight us all.

Well said.
BowmanPa

Post by BowmanPa »

vixenmaster wrote:They/he still doesn't. Yer talkin about a very very rich man from England that owns this Promotion Company. He doesn't care if'en the show takes place or not. Read the drivel he is spewin. Postponed get real, send him packin cross the big pond where him & his followers belong. I never in my lifetime attend any show he ever Promotes!

Is there not an American Promotor that can take over the Promotion of the Eastern Outdoor Show or does this Clown corner the market on the Show?
BowmanPa
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

BowmanPa wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:They/he still doesn't. Yer talkin about a very very rich man from England that owns this Promotion Company. He doesn't care if'en the show takes place or not. Read the drivel he is spewin. Postponed get real, send him packin cross the big pond where him & his followers belong. I never in my lifetime attend any show he ever Promotes!

Is there not an American Promotor that can take over the Promotion of the Eastern Outdoor Show or does this Clown corner the market on the Show?
They're Promoters that can handle the job. This Clown got into it and got contracts on so many shows & yrs fer him to promotote n Host alot of Shows. So now that he has taken the step & showed his real spots. It will be up to those who can legally force him out of said contracts & give them to another Promotion Company!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

[quote="Swamp Donky"]Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

I can not see how 40% and counting is a small percentage.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

colouredchameleon wrote:
Swamp Donky wrote:Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

I can not see how 40% and counting is a small percentage.
Yeah, that's what I was going to post about. Him saying "a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services" really got me! :lol: If you divide 425 (number boycotting) by 1,000 you get 42.5% Guess that British math is different than good-ol'-common-sense-don't-mess-with-our-guns math. :wink: :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Deerstalker wrote: It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."
This idiot just doesn't get it!! He has absolutely no idea how many people are affected and pissed off by the decision not to allow modern sporting rifles at the show!! It's way more than just a couple vendors.

I bet they're kickin' themselves in the ass right now. IDIOTS!! :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by j.krug on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Whether they like it or not, these are modern sporting rifles:

As has been proven through almost 100 years of history, after every "war" the veterans come back wanting a rifle similar to what they used when they were in combat. It's a natural evolution of firearms.

Blaming all of these shootings and violence on the "gun" is like blaming spoons for people being fat and vehicles for DUI accidents. :roll: It's not the "tool", but the "person" that decides to use the tool.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.