Painting arrow shafts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Re: Painting arrow shafts

Post by newbie »

Just out of curiosity how much weight does the average painting or cresting a shaft add?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

newbie wrote:Just out of curiosity how much weight does the average painting or cresting a shaft add?
About 4 grains on mine. Shoot exaclly the same as non painted GT2's
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Pydpiper wrote: I would like to do some kind of "fade" effect, but may be over my head in skill level.
You'll never know until you try it. If you use clear to reduce the opaqueness of the colour and spray in layers the affect can by done fairly easy.

Start with a bit of colour mixed in (trial and error here for mix) with the clear and spray the area you want, lets say the top 6", then add a bit more colour and start where you want it darkest, spraying to the lighter part while letting up on the amount of paint with the trigger about 2" before the lightest area. This is where the clear will help blend or fade. Repeat this for the desired affect.

Ugly painted arrows kill as well as well painted arrows, so go for it!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Roll them on a truck tailgate w/ one hand while spraying w/ the other. Easier than it sounds........Stay away from the area where the vanes go........
"Eze 18:21"
joe171

Post by joe171 »

I thought about doing that to my arrows BUT I wondered it the integrity of the carbon arrow might be compromised by the chemicals in the paint JMO

Joe171 :mrgreen:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

joe171 wrote:I thought about doing that to my arrows BUT I wondered it the integrity of the carbon arrow might be compromised by the chemicals in the paint JMO

Joe171 :mrgreen:
Definately not. Mine were boughtin 2008 from CrazyFarmer back before Big John even started selling them and arrows are as strong as ever. As stated earlier, it makes them hold in 3D targets alot harder. I flex my arrows alot to see if they are coming apart before I shoot them.
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

Be sure to post pictures of these bolts Pydpiper if you don't mind.
Im sure they will turn out great.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain