Finish Durability????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sportsman70003

Finish Durability????

Post by sportsman70003 »

Hey everyone Really want a Black Matrix but wanted to know how the finish on the bows hold up????
Suppressor 400 TD
Dragon Claw Arrows
Ravntek Broadheads
Boo

Re: Finish Durability????

Post by Boo »

sportsman70003 wrote:Hey everyone Really want a Black Matrix but wanted to know how the finish on the bows hold up????
I don't think anyone knows about the Matrix for obvious reasons but historically Excalibur's camo has been amazingly durable. The full camo bows have been around for a couple of years now and I don't remember any complaints.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

If it's the same finish on the 380 as was used on the Eclipse XT, you might find it not as durable as the camo finish is. I find that it shows the nicks and little dings a lot more than the camo finish on my Ibex. I think it's about like owning a black car...the little marks seem to really show. Just my 2 cents... :wink:
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

My only "complaint" (If you could call it that?) is that the "black carbon" highlights wear marks, whereas they would just blend in with a camo finish.

Heh, Larry beat me to it.
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Ha....ya just gotta be a little faster on the draw Bryan...lol!

Like Woodspike said....the camo finish just "hides" the little imperfections a bit better than the black finish does. The rail is no problem, but the stock on my Eclipse shows a couple little rub marks from the 4 wheeler rides. Guess...that's part of what camo is supposed to do. Black makes a crossbow look pretty cool, but the older I get the less "cool" really matters to me.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

As with all finishes like this, be very wary of "Deet", or products that contain it. It is like acid on these bows.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Snowywolf822

Post by Snowywolf822 »

My advice get black if that's what you want 8) I personally love the black look as well and will be purchasing the Matrix soon as welll. If you scratch it up well just have it refinished with some hydro coating or something and if it comes down to that you can make it more personalized. My one question about that is if it voids the warranty? hmm :?: